2023-24 Around the NFL Thread

TheRealMcCoy

4 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

I'd like to see the Eagles bring in DeAndre Carter if he gets cut.

It's more like to see Keelan Cole cut, however.

I wouldn't mind taking a flyer (is it flyer or flier) on N'Keal harry.

I know that he's under-performed as a receiver, particularly against expectations.

But, he returned punts in college.

That's a hole filled.

Carter would be nice for a STs guy. We had an opportunity with Harry. Worked him out earlier and passed. I doubt there’s anything with him. 

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

A potentially good qb

The guy went third overall and SF traded 3 firsts for him.... but they are willing to part with him for a 4th after he lost his backup job to Sam Darnold. Sure it is possible that SF is just idiotic and clueless, but all signs point to Trey Lance being not a good QB.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The guy went third overall and SF traded 3 firsts for him but they are willing to part with him for a 4th and lost his backup job to Sam Darnold. Sure it is possible that SF is just idiotic and clueless, but all signs point to Trey Lance being not a good QB.

well the 49ers dont look good at all in this scenario. There's a reason bill parcells doesnt draft anyone that didnt start like 3 full years in college.

21 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

I'd like to see the Eagles bring in DeAndre Carter if he gets cut.

It's more like to see Keelan Cole cut, however.

I wouldn't mind taking a flyer (is it flyer or flier) on N'Keal harry.

I know that he's under-performed as a receiver, particularly against expectations.

But, he returned punts in college.

That's a hole filled.

I like Carter a lot, especially as a 4-5 option. 

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The guy went third overall and SF traded 3 firsts for him.... but they are willing to part with him for a 4th after he lost his backup job to Sam Darnold. Sure it is possible that SF is just idiotic and clueless, but all signs point to Trey Lance being not a good QB.

I mean it is hard to tell. The sample size is small. Low risk, high reward. Why not have him change scenery and start over with zero pressure. Cooper Rush on contract for no more year. Dak going nowhere anytime soon but insurance is never a bad thing.

59 minutes ago, ACO said:

I mean it is hard to tell. The sample size is small. Low risk, high reward. Why not have him change scenery and start over with zero pressure. Cooper Rush on contract for no more year. Dak going nowhere anytime soon but insurance is never a bad thing.

It is hard to tell because he hasn't played for a number of reasons. Reason number one being the Niners think he sucks at this point. The guy couldn't beat out Darnold for a backup QB spot....

This is just a complete hubris move made by a coach I don't believe in. Sure he could be good one day I suppose, but if I were a betting man I would bet that he won't be.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

3 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

well the 49ers dont look good at all in this scenario. There's a reason bill parcells doesnt draft anyone that didnt start like 3 full years in college.

The 49'ers may not look good, but.....

They drafted 2 QB's, one in the 1st and one in the 7th.

One worked out, one didn't.

The one that worked out gets paid a mere fraction of the one that didn't.

Now, they lost some draft capital in the deal.

But, if Lance had made it no one would complain.

They can make up a small amount of the draft capital with the money saved over the short term.

It isn't as bad a proposition when you look at the whole thing.

2 hours ago, ACO said:

This doesn't increase the pressure on Lance and that could be a detriment in a different way.

The issue with him is that the Cowboys have been reluctant to anoint Prescott as the savior.

Now, Prescott has to look over his shoulder.

His mental tenacity is what has been in question and now fuel has been added to the fire.

Does he press with the fear that his successor has been named?

I mean, he's no Aaron Rodgers.

Eagles  13-4
Giants  10-7
Cowboys  9-8
Redmanders  7-10

anyone?

8 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

The 49'ers may not look good, but.....

They drafted 2 QB's, one in the 1st and one in the 7th.

One worked out, one didn't.

The one that worked out gets paid a mere fraction of the one that didn't.

Now, they lost some draft capital in the deal.

But, if Lance had made it no one would complain.

They can make up a small amount of the draft capital with the money saved over the short term.

It isn't as bad a proposition when you look at the whole thing.

The problem is they spent the world on a kid with all the potential and talent but then decided they were gonna just use guys that listened to Kyle Shananhan better.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

The problem is they spent the world on a kid with all the potential and talent but then decided they were gonna just use guys that listened to Kyle Shananhan better.

Also they traded up in maybe the best draft in the past 10 years and took the worst player in the top 15.