Report: Colts are NOT trading RB Jonathan Taylor; To remain on PUP & miss first 4 games

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

He obviously wants to get paid now considering the most teams' plans are to run their workhorse RB into the ground during their first contract then dump them. If JT balls out all year, the likeliest outcome would be the Colts repeating what they said this year - "The market is what the market is" - Then try once again to get the most out of him in the final year of his contract.

This is the final year of his contract. 

11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If they activated Taylor, and let him decide to hold out - they'd have created more problems for Taylor & his agent.  This way, it really helps Taylor both get paid, accrue service time to get that 3rd year, and decrease IND's control time they can offer a team looking to trade for him.  So yeah....downright baffling decision to say the least.

It could very well be that he legitimately isn't 100%.  I'm not sure why so many people (not necessarily you) dismiss that as a possibility.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

It could very well be that he legitimately isn't 100%.  I'm not sure why so many people (not necessarily you) dismiss that as a possibility.

The issue is with the pre-drama statements / actions with NFI from IND and then the interest now.  

1.  May / June - recovery all going as expected.  And for tightrope it’s a pretty safe timeline. 

2.  NFI talk from Irsay / FO related to back soreness - but for which the FO didn’t follow through on. 

3.  The interest teams would have now to offer a deal Taylor would accept and to offer even a 2nd (what MIA beat writers confirm) wouldn’t be for an injury stash.  It’s about getting help now.  

Anything’s possible but the behavior / statements made all strongly indicate this is posturing.  It’s just weird on IND’s part.  I’d imagine Taylor & his camp aren’t complaining though.   

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, Emerica said:

Really? Who? If you actually believed “engagement” farmers on twitter that’s more of a poor reflection on you 😂 I, for one, am shocked to see @FinsFans#1 and @GoFins4Life don’t have sources.

Most if not all legitimate Dolphins reporters said the Dolphins were not going to meet the Colts demands and Colts reporters said the Colts would not move off their price. Turns out they were right

Did you take offence or something? Lol.

I didn’t believe them hence why I said they’re eating crow now. That’s also why “sources” was in quotation marks. It’s was obviously fan drive. 

7 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Yes, he’s mad because they never made him an offer. So he doesn’t know how much they value him. But until he’s healthy their value means nothing. 

I honestly cant believe the Colts haven't caved yet strictly because they have their prized possession rookie QB starting and they should be thinking about surrounding him with as much talent as possible so he doesn't get wrecked

13 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I honestly cant believe the Colts haven't caved yet strictly because they have their prized possession rookie QB starting and they should be thinking about surrounding him with as much talent as possible so he doesn't get wrecked

He is of no help right now anyways. He’s missing the first 4 games because of being on the PUP list.