Is Shedeur Sanders a First Round Quarterback?

brownie man

Will Shedeur Sanders be drafted in the first round?   

34 members have voted

1. 1. Will Shedeur Sanders be drafted in the first round?

17 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I don't know, Deion without his son at QB could be a massive issue going forward.  Not sure Deion has near the success on the field without his son to lead the team and echo everything his dad coaches and believes.  

I doubt Deion will have trouble recruiting elite QBs after they see what he's done with his son.

32 minutes ago, Mox said:

I doubt Deion will have trouble recruiting elite QBs after they see what he's done with his son.

True but other quarterbacks will not have that unique drive, commitment and dedication to Deion like his son has.  And I seriously doubt they would be the leader Shedeur has been.  He is a super unique leader and motivator for that team and has respect because of who his dad is and Deion has respect for who he son is.  And simply put without high level QB play, winning at any level is difficult and he has had the security of having his son the QB his entire time pretty much never getting hurt either.  

Easy for the team members to buy into the program when his son, the QB on his team buys into it all and falls right in line on and off the field.  Other QBs will not as easily do that...and it is not like Deion is some QB guru either....

Edited by Ozzy

28 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Deion didn’t have trouble getting the No. 1 overall recruit to come to Jackson State, then follow him to Colorado, so I don’t think there’s any non-made up reason to doubt he’ll he able to continue to recruit elite players.

That recruit was a CB, a CB that wants to play both ways and be versatile....so that is no shocker he when to Jackson State with Deion Sanders...  His highest rated recruit this past year was guess what, a corner McClain and apparently that Edwards kid he has already know forever....

Now maybe he can recruit big time players or QBs to Colorado, but I would be shocked if any are as locked in mentally as his son Shedeur is.  

Edited by Ozzy

He looked to throw short routes with some zip but I didn't see a lot of impressive deep stuff. I think I'd want to see him rocket some balls 40-60 yards downfield.

I want to see more of him in general. We know he's cerebral and has incredible awareness but I want to see a bit more physical stuff.

• Like 1

I still think Colorado has yet to play anyone who is relevant. TCU is a shadow of last year's team. Nebraska has a respectable D that got too tired because their QB kept giving Colorado the ball. Seriously, Sims is a turnover machine--bench him already. 

He has done what is expected of him, I just want to see how he deals with true talent in his face. 

On 9/7/2023 at 2:06 PM, Mox said:

In b4 Dylan Raiola transfers to Colorado

But seriously, I dont think Deion is long for this team. Not because its a bad spot (its actually quite a perfect spot) but he cant resist the opportunity to move up and the brighter limelight. Deion is about 1 person and that is Deion. As soon as there is a offer from another higher profile school with more resources he is gone.

I bet he is waiting for that FSU offer and when it comes, beep beep--he gone. Hell he might even replace Dabo in a few years the way Clemson is looking recently. I can see a school like that desperate for his....moxy and will throw a big bag at him and he will gladly accept it, especially after his son leaves

Edited by AkronsWitness

13 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

In b4 Dylan Raiola transfers to Colorado

But seriously, I dont think Deion is long for this team. Not because its a bad spot (its actually quite a perfect spot) but he cant resist the opportunity to move up and the brighter limelight. Deion is about 1 person and that is Deion. As soon as there is a offer from another higher profile school with more resources he is gone.

I bet he is waiting for that FSU offer and when it comes, beep beep--he gone. Hell he might even replace Dabo in a few years the way Clemson is looking recently. I can see a school like that desperate for his....moxy and will throw a big bag at him and he will gladly accept it, especially after his son leaves

I don't think he's going to be in Colorado long either. I do think FSU is his ultimate goal but it might be a bit.

• Like 1

Just now, Mox said:

I don't think he's going to be in Colorado long either. I do think FSU is his ultimate goal but it might be a bit.

I feel like if FSU doesnt maintain top 10 status, it could be sooner rather than later. All FSU needs is an excuse and trust me if Deion wants that job they will clear the way for him. Talk about keeping FLA talent in FLA. HE could do that recruiting.