2024 Draft

Ftn49

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know why they would waste that pick on Sanders. At a certain point, if you're not moving someone out, there's just diminishing returns with regards to your skill players. I don't think Sanders was saving the team in the super bowl. 

I don't get the hype with Sanders tbh.

Seems like JAG to me honestly.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Maybe a good right guard saves the game. Not a slow TE lol

For sure. 

That said, J is totally right. If that's who Shanny wants, that's who is getting drafted at 31 LOL

I don't know where that smoke came from though. Was there chatter? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

For sure. 

That said, J is totally right. If that's who Shanny wants, that's who is getting drafted at 31 LOL

I don't understand it because Sanders isn't even a good blocking TE. I get that outside of Kittle our pass catching TE are all awful. Seems like a big luxury pick at 31. I haven't heard any smoke about him tho. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

I will literally think about killing myself if we draft a TE at 31.

does seem like all of our major positions of need will be gone by 31, maybe except for IOL.

gonna be so weird watching us pick another bust in the first again. 

• Like 2

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

Lol 😆 id probabaly feel even worse than when we drafted Kinlaw or McGlinchey.

I audibly screamed at Mcglinchey getting selected. Like I was watching the scariest movie ever. Dad still ridicules me to this day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

For sure. 

They are looking at Kittle's replacement as he may be gone after next season. Fans won't like it, but I bet Sanders will be a favorite of Shanny, even more so than Mitchell/Worthy.

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

I don't get the hype with Sanders tbh.

Seems like JAG to me honestly.

You just see that lack of top speed so much on tape. Dig the body control. And he breaks a tackle or two. He's a willing blocker compared to some. But I think a lot of his reputation for athleticism is straight up Sarkesian genius and the danger of AD and Worthy. He got so many catches with no one around him and a chance to build up to full speed that I think folks think that he is more impressive athletically than he is. 

• Like 2

I guess I’m in the minority here, but I like Sanders. I think there will be better options at 31 and he’d be more of an option later on though. 

He doesn’t look slow on the field to me. Remember when Hufanga and Tig Brown dropped in the draft due to a slow 40? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

15 hours ago, JIllg said:

He got so many catches with no one around him and a chance to build up to full speed that I think folks think that he is more impressive athletically than he is. 

THIS.

I see no sort of athleticism or route running.

Just a guy wide open, catching passes without anyone within 10 yards of him.

I was honestly more impressed with Brayden Willis's tape and we're talking about him @31??

I'd easily take Wiley or Sinnott over him.

I'd throw Theo Johnson in there as well.

Edited by 757-NINER

Cannot begin to express how annoyed I am by that comp pick being a 4. I'm probably going to push hard for taking those 4th round picks and moving up

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

Cannot begin to express how annoyed I am by that comp pick being a 4. I'm probably going to push hard for taking those 4th round picks and moving up

Crap like this is why I was prepared to not enter any other threads. I am irrationally angry after one page

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Crap like this is why I was prepared to not enter any other threads. I am irrationally angry after one page

😂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Just take it out on @N4L. That's what I do

• Like 3