GDT Week 14 - GB @ CLE. Brett Hundo vs Kizer So-So

skibrett15

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

So I guess it wasn't all hyperbole to suggest that this GB team w/o Rodgers is close to the same level as CLE.  I give MM a lot of credit for making effective adjustments to help salvage this game when it was on the brink.  It seemed to me that the switch to the quick passing game really got Hundley into a nice rhythm, and CLE never really solved it.  I've posted plenty of negative stuff about MM's game day adjustments, but I thought he came up big today.

The Packers are 3-4 with Hundley as a starter. Saying that we're close to the same level as Cleveland is pretty hyperbolic.

7 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Anybody that thinks cutting Matthews to sign a pass rusher is a good idea doesn't know how the history of pass rushers has been in free agency since, say, 2005.  If a pass rusher deserves to be paid, his team will pay him.  Otherwise, why did they leave the team? 

You don't let great or even good pass rushers hit free agency.  Olivier Vernon?  Dude's got 3.5 sacks right now. 

You don't get top pass rushers in free agency.  You can find the Peppers types, but those types aren't forcing you to cut Clay Matthews when you have 33 million dollars in cap space like we will. 

Eh Calais Campbell has 12.5. I agree in not cutting Clay, but there are always vet pass rushers (like Clay) that come available and do good things for their new team.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Jordy signed 2 under market deals for us, kind of a slap in the face to him IMO to ask for it back. 

Jordy would make make more money from GB in 2019 and 2020 than he would anywhere else. We're the only team that he would be a good WR on yet. So it makes sense to give him more guaranteed money over 3 years (than in 2018 alone) for both him and us.

We have had a history of guys NOT griping about their contracts, NOT talking about early restructures to get more money etc etc. The Packers seem to be loyal in return as far as guys finishing out bigger deals. I don't know if there is something to that "system," I just have a hard time thinking we are going to go around asking for paycuts or flat out cutting guys. No other reason other than we just havent done it

1 hour ago, Slinky said:

Take away 2 terrible calls, and we lose. 

They didn't call PI on us which would've given the Browns the ball at the 1, and likely scoring a TD. That play alone would've made OT impossible.

Then calling pathetic PI on them on that pass to Adams on 3rd down. Instead of punting, our drive continues and we score a TD.

This isn't that hard, guy. Stop being such a homer.

But in the end, with the game on the line, which team made the plays and which team didn't?  The line between winning and losing in this league is very fine.  The team that screws up the least usually wins.

9 minutes ago, Pugger said:

If his QB doesn't toss that ball up for grabs in OT they win that game.  Hopefully for them Dorsey can find them a legit QB.

Not sure I agree that CLE wins the game if not for the INT.  Even without the INT, GB was about to force a punt.  The GB offense was moving the ball very well in Q4, and that obviously continued into OT

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm looking at it from a numbers' perspective, I don't think the Packers can afford to release Clay.

I think I agree .. I don't think the dude is worth his salary, but how do you improve a pass rush by eliminating one of your two best rushers?  Maybe they can rework a new 3 year deal to lower the numbers a bit?  

55 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's clear we need another starting caliber at OLB and CB. 

NEED IT.

We need a true pass rusher from either LB or DL more than another CB IMO.  We cannot get any pressure on the QB no matter who we play and its killing us.

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

We have had a history of guys NOT griping about their contracts, NOT talking about early restructures to get more money etc etc. The Packers seem to be loyal in return as far as guys finishing out bigger deals. I don't know if there is something to that "system," I just have a hard time thinking we are going to go around asking for paycuts or flat out cutting guys. No other reason other than we just havent done it

I suspect this way more to do with not having bad contracts on the books before.

What is the worst pay for play we've had recently? Didn't we cut Hawk when he was awful value?

12 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't like Cobb at all and I was I think one of like three people that didn't want to re-sign him (go to the archives if you don't believe me).  Still, it don't make no damn sense to cut Cobb.  We don't need it.  We're not signing a big name free agent at any position. 

The way I see our pass rush next year is Perry, First round pick, June 1st cut, Biegel and Fackrell. 

I've looked through who is available and there isn't a single player that inspires any sort of anything.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/outside-linebacker/

we aren't keeping cobb, jordy and a new contract Adams in 2018. So you have to pick at least one to lose.

Archived