Fire AB

MWil23

7 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

It's been a fun ride, and Berry has a lot to do with it. There's still some smoke and mirrors, though, and the realist in me kinda expects it all to flame out in spectacular fashion. Obviously, we have loads of starters on IR, a street FA at QB, and oh, by the way, we're turning it over more than any team in the league. I'm not that smart, but even I know that can't continue.

Some of you guys will fight me on this one, but if dushbag was healthy, we'd be in the Superb Owl conversation right now. As it is, a playoff berth (and maybe even a playoff win or 2) will be just fine. And Berry deserves a lot of the credit.

I have no expectations of Super Bowl contention this season, with or without dushbag, given all of the other key injuries. I'm amazed and grateful that the players, coaches, and FO have gotten us this far, and making the playoffs would be a monumental accomplishment...not only for this season but hopefully in the turning around of the culture of this team for the future.

Edited by dawgdish

3 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

It's been a fun ride, and Berry has a lot to do with it. There's still some smoke and mirrors, though, and the realist in me kinda expects it all to flame out in spectacular fashion. Obviously, we have loads of starters on IR, a street FA at QB, and oh, by the way, we're turning it over more than any team in the league. I'm not that smart, but even I know that can't continue.

Some of you guys will fight me on this one, but if dushbag was healthy, we'd be in the Superb Owl conversation right now. As it is, a playoff berth (and maybe even a playoff win or 2) will be just fine. And Berry deserves a lot of the credit.

Ok

when was the last time a qb with a 83.5

rating went deep into the playoffs?

when was the last time a qb with a 91 rating in the playoffs lead his team to the superbowl.

I still can’t get over the fact that we have the most turnovers in the NFL at 30 and we’re still winning. Just ignore the whole injury problems.

Although, not all turnovers are created equal. For example, did your QB throw an INT because he can’t read a defense or was he being ultra aggressive and attacking the defense?

Obviously I don’t want a turnover, but I want my QB constantly attacking. That eventually opens other things up. I call it the “Brett Favre” effect.

Edited by candyman93

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I still can’t get over the fact that we have the most turnovers in the NFL at 30 and we’re still winning. Just ignore the whole injury problems.

Although, not all turnovers are created equal. For example, did your QB throw an INT because he can’t read a defense or was he being ultra aggressive and attacking the defense?

Obviously I don’t want a turnover, but I want my QB constantly attacking. That eventually opens other things up. I call it the “Brett Favre” effect.

There’s also a pick on 3rd and long that’s essentially an arm punt while taking a shot vs early down turnovers on your side of the field.

That said, we’ve had a whole lot of the latter this year lol.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There’s also a pick on 3rd and long that’s essentially an arm punt while taking a shot vs early down turnovers on your side of the field.

That said, we’ve had a whole lot of the latter this year lol.

I personally will never kill a QB for plays like these. Even if it hypothetically ended up being an INT.

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/X8hIomouw8E

• Like 1

18 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Agree, context is important. Turnovers that lead to short field points and/or take points off the board inside FG range or the Red Zone are back breakers and we have had far too many of those.

Pittsburgh and Denver come to mind immediately, as does Seattle to a degree. If it’s a third down and you chuck it downfield 50 yards and the defender is tackled right away, no real harm done.

First down? Second and short? Those can’t happen either.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Agree, context is important. Turnovers that lead to short field points and/or take points off the board inside FG range or the Red Zone are back breakers and we have had far too many of those.

Pittsburgh and Denver come to mind immediately, as does Seattle to a degree. If it’s a third down and you chuck it downfield 50 yards and the defender is tackled right away, no real harm done.

First down? Second and short? Those can’t happen either.

I think we have given up 5-6 pick 6 or scoop and scores. Then 3-4 inside the 10 turnovers. It’s insane. 

I think it shows how good this team could be. Don’t turn the ball over, good things happen. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

in 2019 Brady had a rating of 88 and Goff 86.5 and they both made the conference championship game.

The answer is 2018 Blake Bortles. He was 79.8

So 6 years

that is playoffs ratings Tom has a plus 100

playoff rating career wise

also with Blake that makes it a 12to 1 against you