Fire AB

MWil23

Also, when I was browsing the forum I was using a browser I hardly use and didn't have adblock on it at the time. And holy ****, I don't know how anyone can use this site without an ad blocker. The ads are sooo intrusive and annoying.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

Also, when I was browsing the forum I was using a browser I hardly use and didn't have adblock on it at the time. And holy ****, I don't know how anyone can use this site without an ad blocker. The ads are sooo intrusive and annoying.

With some of the most absurd ads one would ever see on the interwebz.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, DawgX said:

Just don’t mention how annoying or intrusive the advertisements are around webby or you will get banned. Or a warning, whenever that is.

weird this place isn’t growing. 

7 hours ago, DawgX said:

It's a dark, cold place.

What's weird is that if you browse the forum when you're not logged in, it takes forever for new posts to show up. Like following a GDT, it'll say a post is new when it's clearly like an hour old lol.

But yeah, lame I got the ban hammer for a month for bumping a few threads and just having fun. Really makes you wonder why this forum hardly attracts new members that actually stick around.

I got banned for a month for posting a article about something shady a political figure did in the off topic thread 😂

As far as the forum thing, I think it's a few things. First being people who still use message boards are on Reddit because it's a message board about everything and second 'single purpose' message boards have slowly died as a result. Not to mention with the rise of Social Media message boards have become a dated form of communication on the internet. Hence why the majority of users on here are 30s-50s, not teens or 20s.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I got banned for a month for posting a article about something shady a political figure did in the off topic thread 😂

As far as the forum thing, I think it's a few things. First being people who still use message boards are on Reddit because it's a message board about everything and second 'single purpose' message boards have slowly died as a result. Not to mention with the rise of Social Media message boards have become a dated form of communication on the internet. Hence why the majority of users on here are 30s-50s, not teens or 20s.

lol we all know why this place is dying, it was rhetorical. 😂 

35 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we win today that would put us at 8-4 with 4 QBs having started and won a game.  

That’s a legitimate coach of the year resume.

I don't think as an offensive coach they will even consider him since our defense has been winning us most of our games.

He may get votes, we have 4 mediocre teams left on the schedule and 2 bad teams. We should be able to go 1-3 against the average to below average teams and 2-0 against the bad teams. That's 10 wins.

Still, QB suckage is the only thing he has to point to. We have a good overall roster and a great defense. If they are giving votes to improbable stories, DeMeco Ryans will steal all of those votes. They very well could win 10+ games from what was expected to be a bottom 3 team.

35 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't think as an offensive coach they will even consider him since our defense has been winning us most of our games.

He may get votes, we have 4 mediocre teams left on the schedule and 2 bad teams. We should be able to go 1-3 against the average to below average teams and 2-0 against the bad teams. That's 10 wins.

Still, QB suckage is the only thing he has to point to. We have a good overall roster and a great defense. If they are giving votes to improbable stories, DeMeco Ryans will steal all of those votes. They very well could win 10+ games from what was expected to be a bottom 3 team.

I mean, he’s the head coach.  As you’ve pointed out before, he’s responsible either way, good or bad.  He’s the HC of a team with one of the best defenses in the league.  

And don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying he’s the front runner or is gonna win it or anything, just that as of now he’s a whole lot closer to being that guy than someone on the hot seat.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, he’s the head coach.  As you’ve pointed out before, he’s responsible either way, good or bad.  He’s the HC of a team with one of the best defenses in the league.  

And don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying he’s the front runner or is gonna win it or anything, just that as of now he’s a whole lot closer to being that guy than someone on the hot seat.

I'm just saying how I think the vote would go. I mean, I'd give it to Ryans also, hard not to especially if they finish strong and they have a weak schedule the rest of the way just like us. We are where we were projected with a Watson injury to overcome (not like he was setting the world on fire), they far exceeded projections with a rookie QB.

If they falter, he won't win. If we falter, Stef obviously won't be considered.

I credit Stef for getting rid of Woods and bringing in Schwartz, that's the difference between 3 wins and 7 at this point. I also blame him for hanging on too long or we'd had been a playoff team last year but that's irrelevant to this.

I'd say Stef is probably 5th or 6th right now. Win out and that changes. I think we lose today though, Ward being out hurts and Flacco doesn't excite me at all.