A 2008-esque loss, Packers (1-1) fall to the Falcons (2-0) - Week 2 postgame thread

Striker

3 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

I think a really bad moment for Barry was once the Packers led by 12 he immediately played the pass, and the run defense was incredibly vulnerable.  Then ATL ran it right past the 50.  Thought that was a really bad idea…don’t care about the lead and the time, make Ridder beat you.  

Disappointed in that 3 and out with Love nearly throwing a pick.  His only real blemish.  But also targeting two rookies against their best corner two plays in a row was questionable. 

A little concerned about the defense, but overall still happy with the potential of the team.  Sometimes it’s better to get this type of loss out of the way earlier.  Packers coaching is still a little too cute.

Also Dillon is really bad

But also targeting two rookies against their best corner two plays in a row was questionable.” 

Where did you want him to go with the ball? They’re damn near all rookies. 

• Like 1

Just now, MantyWrestler said:

But also targeting two rookies against their best corner two plays in a row was questionable.” 

Where did you want him to go with the ball? They’re damn near all rookies. 

That’s true.  I guess finding a better match up would be a better way to put it

• Like 1

Just now, DWhitehurst said:

Young team. New starting QB. Rebuild year. Bunch of injuries to starters. Crappy DC.  It makes sense. Losing by 1 point on the road to another up and coming team ain't bad. Did I mention our DC blows? 

I'd rather lose to Ridder than their running game. That at least shows the DC understands the opponent at a 100 level

• Like 9

1 minute ago, MantyWrestler said:

Lol. I get that, just saying… we’re pretty darn young there. 

Yeah, all things considered, I am more than fine with how the offense is coming along.  Reed, Wicks and Musgrave all flashed today.  This offense could really be something a couple years from now.  Easy to forget how inexperienced this team is at every skill position on offense other than RB.

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

I'd rather lose to Ridder than their running game. That at least shows the DC understands the opponent at a 100 level

Yep.  How GB approached this game on D makes no sense.  Of course that has been a recurring theme during the Barry era.  I bet the passing defense is ranked pretty high though!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Yep.  How GB approached this game on D makes no sense.  Of course that has been a recurring theme during the Barry era.  I bet the passing defense is ranked pretty high though!

Seems like the Packers for awhile now approach things too much at “macro” game analytic level, like…lead = play pass defense instead of simply, Bijan is their best player and really good, so stop him.  

Edited by LacyIsGood
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

Bijan is their best player and really good, so stop him.  

I suspect this would have been a better strategy for today's game.

EDIT: And don't let Ridder leave the pocket whenever he wants to.

Edited by Mazrimiv