If you stopped being a fan and switched allegiances to another team...

beardown3231

I don't really get too invested in a single team.... but I will root for winners and offensive powerhouses more than defensive teams...... Like I was the only one of my friends rooting for the Pats to win the Superbowl in their near perfect season, and I absolutely adored the Chip Kelly era Oregon Ducks. Can't really say I'm too interested in other teams, but I enjoy watching Mahomes and Burrow play QB and look you know, competent. It's nice to see QBs are allowed to do that.

I was a big Mahomes fan and always really liked Reid, plus KC has had some of my favorite guys to watch since I started watching them. Gonzales, Thomas, Hall, Charles, Holmes, etc. So they wouldn't be a bad team to root for.

I liked Burrow so I could follow CIN but their OL incompetence might throw me.

PHI is an easy one to root for. But the few PHI fans I've met were total asshats.

49ers would be an easy one to root for. Ton of players from there I've liked. They have a number of them again. 

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I never would. I was curious

I'd say Miami. I love their logo and color scheme (no team's color scheme matches their city like theirs) and I wouldn't hate flying to Miami every December for a game or two

My friends actually asked me earlier if I’d become a Steelers fan like him since bears fandom is misery and I said if the bears weren’t around anymore I just wouldn’t have a favorite team 

8 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

My friends actually asked me earlier if I’d become a Steelers fan like him since bears fandom is misery and I said if the bears weren’t around anymore I just wouldn’t have a favorite team 

It would certainly make life a lot easier to not care so much about a horse**** franchise, wouldn't it? 

• Like 1

I’d probably have to step away from the game for a bit.  As frustrating as it is being a bears fan, it’s a part of my DNA.  If i were to root for another team I’d have to essentially detox the bears out of me.  Once clean, id likely become a fan of one of these in no particular order:

- Colts:  nearby, always loved watching them with Manning.

- Chiefs:  nearbyish, great team, very competent organization, though would be seen as a bandwagoner.

- Steelers:  historic team, relatively consistent success, I’d be able to keep my HS, college, and pro team colors all the same.

- 49ers:  another historic team, warm weather state to visit, extremely talented and ripe for a SB win soon.  

- Packers:  if you can’t beat ‘em, join em.

I'll watch less but I don't think I could really quit the Bears, just built in to my fall a little too completely.  I still love the sound of football on the TV so would probably consider some sort of very specific lobotomy that leaves me completely mentally intact but unable to comprehend good vs bad football. 

They could still get right this season, and start putting a complete competent team out there, or even-gasp-start winning.  But that seems a lot less likely than one of the following happening:

George McCaskey, disheveled and covered in sweat, crashes through the door of Kevin Warren's office, slamming it behind him and catching his breath against it. Warren, his finger paused over a scale model of the Bears parking annex 4 in the sprawling mockup of Arlington Heights that dominates his conference table, raises a single eyebrow at the panicked NFL team owner shivering and sliding to the floor.  As McCaskey curls into the fetal position, Warren rolls a desk chair over next to him and sits down, waiting expectantly.  In between gasps, McCaskey manages to blurt out "It's all gone wrong again, help me! I tried, it all seemed like it was going to work but it's the same, again, the same!" Warren, looking uncomfortable, pats the septuagenarian on his head, and says "there, there, don't worry, let me fix it.  First, everyone sucks and is fired. We're going to start over with new coaches, new GM, a blank slate.  It might work it might not, but you won't be starting with the usual built in problem this time, everyone on the same page, from scratch" Hope and panic compete for space in George's expression "But.. but I liked that I didn't have to learn new names, it was just Ryan and Matt again! Will I have to learn new names?" Sitting back in his chair with a smile for the first time since the conversation started, Warren tells the limp failson on his floor "You won't. You won't do anything.  That's why I'm here"

-OR-

George McCaskey, disheveled and covered in sweat,  coughs into the microphone causing a whine of feedback to irritate the assembled beat reporters in the room.  "Well, the season wasn't up to our standards, I understand that, but, uh, thank you for coming" The reporters, confused, look to each other while they wait for something to happen.  Eventually, one of the Adam's raises a finger and asks the increasingly pale McCaskey "uh, why are we here?" Startled at the sound, McCaskey looks to run before collecting himself "Ah, yes, thank you, uh, Rick, thank you. We're here to announce that we're changing the catering subcontractor in charge of napkins and paper plates, and we, uh, really feel this will help us move forward as an organization"  A groan fills the room as reporters start firing off tweets that will soon be collecting profane responses from Bears fans. Another reporter shrugs, raises his hand and asks "Are you really bringing the same personnel back after another 3 win season?" George, reading from his notecards "Yes, Ryans and Matt have my full confidence. We know this season wasn't quite what we hoped, but we appreciate the stability and dignity they showed in staying the course with this organization. I will now be leaving this press conference for personal reasons" George attempts to dash out of the room, but realizes that he locked the closest door on his way in, so nervously walks through the disgusted crowd of media before breaking into a run, exiting the room for the parking lot, denting several cars as he pulls his Plymouth Voyager out of it's space before having his great escape foiled as he gets pulled over by his own private security. 

Edited by BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW
  • Like 1