Week 3: VIKINGS (0-2) vs Chargers (0-2)

swede700

If I’m optimistic, KO does some self reflection and figures out his third down, red zone, and short yardage issues, Bradbury comes back ready to go, Risner plays over Ed Ingram, and Akers looks like he did at the end of last year.

thats a lot to ask, but this team is winless, but also SHOULD be undefeated. Just like they SHOULD have had a losing record last year. Football is a weird, fluky game.

theres still a path to the playoffs because this division stinks, but I’m mostly interested in seeing O’Connell grow as a coach the rest of the way. Needing a new QB is one thing, but needing better coaching and a QB is not good.

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, dc_vikingfan said:

This is true VD. Always appreciate the important things in life!  Just tired of the hollow stats, where the numbers look good but watching it is not matching up. Honestly, just venting because I already paid for everything and must drive for 6 hours for the Vikings Panthers game.

I might still go. If I do, I’d be happy to buy a you a beer for both of us to cry in. 

• Like 3

This team cannot get any unluckier.

Good news, Risner is in for Davis this week, and Akers should replace Mattison. Hopefully, less teams will look at Brian Flores less this offseason.

It seemed like the DBs get beat on miraculous throws, and I would be fine as a DB coach to give those up, but they always seem to happen against us.

Herbert is a great QB.

Cousins seems too indecisive when to run the ball, and he chooses the wrong one each time.

Edited by cconocool

While O’Connell certainly deserves criticism for his handling of the time management, and not clocking the ball. I’m far more disappointed in Cousins for not going straight to the line and clocking it himself. A 2nd year HC is going to make mistakes. A 12 year veteran QB should know better. 

Also, if you’re going to a home game anytime soon, and the home team is on offense, shut the **** up!

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 5

Why do we hate winning? 

We really need to get back to the basics. Holding on to a football, situational awareness, wrap up tackling, soft coverage where we still get beat over the top, etc.

If we cut our turnovers in half this season, we are 3-0. We have easily played good enough to go 3-0 (even dominating at times) and yet we just seem to shoot ourselves in the foot. So frustrating!

We really need to right the ship, especially with KC, SF, and GB coming up on the schedule. Not to mention a tougher ATL and NO teams right after. Could get ugly in a hurry.

Edited by meixdaddy_10
cuz
  • Like 3