I thought for sure C.J Stroud was going to go first.

mdonnelly21

3 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I have SO MANY thought on the S2 cognitive test. 

... or at least I WILL have so many thoughts once I learn what the S2 cognitive test is. 

... or if it a thing you made up, then I always knew the S2 cognitive test wasn't a real thing and I was in on the joke the whole time

Its a series of tests from a nerd agency that they made up in which only about 1/2 of NFL teams actually look at. Its designed to test how quick a player learns, reacts, responds under pressure, ect. Basically its a 'mental makeup' test.

Apparently there are around 10 scores/different tests or something. Its not a 1 singular score like the Wonderlic. Its a handful of scores from different tests measuring different things. In one of the tests Stroud absolutely bombed--and thats the one that got leaked out.

Apparently he bombed because he was traveling all over the place for the combine and meeting with teams for interviews and he took the test after arriving back at his hotel room late at night--which essentially led to him not caring and just getting through it resulting in a bad score. He retook the same section of the test at a different day and scored much better.

After the who debacle with the testing numbers and seeing him perform this year, I wonder if any teams will actually use the test moving forward. Im really interested in that come next April.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its a series of tests from a nerd agency that they made up in which only about 1/2 of NFL teams actually look at. Its designed to test how quick a player learns, reacts, responds under pressure, ect. Basically its a 'mental makeup' test.

Apparently there are around 10 scores/different tests or something. Its not a 1 singular score like the Wonderlic. Its a handful of scores from different tests measuring different things. In one of the tests Stroud absolutely bombed--and thats the one that got leaked out.

After the who debacle with the testing numbers and seeing him perform this year, I wonder if any teams will actually use the test moving forward. Im really interested in that come next April.

They forget that theres no stakes and its manufactured pressure

7 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

They forget that theres no stakes and its manufactured pressure

Right. I can only imaging the question format.

"So CJ, its 2am and your in the Taco Bell drive thru but when you get to the speaker the employee taking orders says they are out of tortillas and the only thing on the menu is hard shell. How do you respond in the moment?"

• A) Comply and accept hard shell, making the best of a bad situation
  • B) Question why their location is unprepared
  • C) Drive 3 exits down to a different location.
  • D) Rip the employees head off for ruining your evening.
Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Right. I can only imaging the question format.

"So CJ, its 2am and your in the Taco Bell drive thru but when they get to the speaker the employee taking orders says they are out of tortillas and the only thing on the menu is hard shell. How do you respond in the moment?"

• A) Comply and accept hard shell, making the best of a bad situation
  • B) Question why their location is unprepared
  • C) Drive 3 exits down to a different location.
  • D) Rip the employees head off for not being prepared and ruining your evening.

Its E. Soak those hard shells until they are soft enough to pass as tortillas

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Its E. Soak those hard shells until they are soft enough to pass as tortillas

Sorry CJ, answering off script shows a complete lack of respect for authority and ability to work within a system with teammates on a football field. This also shows a wild card character trait that coaches find common in busts.

You have now scored a 18% on this portion of the test and hereby are labeled absolute moron who likely pours themselves a bowl of decking nails for breakfast. This information will be made public approximately 7 days before the NFL draft. 

Best of luck

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jaytrajik said:

Really needs mentioning the way CJ was throwing darts around the field 

He has the perfect mechanics. Even when he’s rushed, he’s able to keep his technique near-flawless. And if you give him time? Good luck stopping him from finding someone downfield.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

CJ Stroud went No. 2 Overall. There’s no reason to think the S2 test had any effect on how teams viewed him. 

Correct, I'm not really saying they did - I just remember public perception being that Stroud scored in the 18th percentile, ergo it's a red flag. 

Now, before you go "who cares what people thought back in April, that doesn't matter anymore..." I'm just bringing this up as a function to the draft itself. The S2 isn't going anywhere, just like how they 40 yard dash and the bench press aren't going anywhere. Is there value to it, or is Stroud the example to throw it away as a metric? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Yeah I read that one - great read, great story. Stroud does seem to be mature beyond his years.

(I once said the exact same thing about that Browns QB too once I heard the story of his life and his upbringing...)

• Like 1