I thought for sure C.J Stroud was going to go first.

mdonnelly21

On 11/8/2023 at 5:43 PM, Tank4Drake said:

There were four things against Stroud:

1) Showed zero willingness or ability to extend plays before the Georgia game making it a possible one-off. Play Extension is very important. 

2) Ohio State QB

3) Cognitive Test. Bring back the wonderlic, this test is trash and Stroud has destroyed the entire model after scoring 18%

4) Bunch of 1st Round WR’s

CJ Stroud against Georgia, best defense in CFB History, is the #1 pick in ANY draft. He was absolutely phenomenal in that game. And finally extended plays. The problem is it’s one game and people were still not convinced. Including me. Stroud was my #1 QB in January and February. In March and April I started liking Young and Richardson a bit more. Although I liked all three a lot. It was a good QB class. 

Just to give some closure on the running QB thing--Ryan Day stated the reason they didn't run him more was that they were a championship contender and they couldn't risk putting their best player in position to get injured with a bunch of design runs/hits. If he got injured from a hit running, the season was essentially over. That was Days answer to that question during the predraft process 

Also, It's been 30+ years and I'm still waiting to see a list of all these highly touted OSU QBs who busted. (That's not directed at you, but the idea in general)

Just poor scouting IMO. People saw what he did to Georgia, then followed it up with "The greatest Pro Day/Combine I've ever seen from a QB prospect" according to many scouts and the Panthers still decided to trade the farm to not draft him. It was dumb at the time and 8 months later it's still dumb.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Imperfect, noisy, but well-meaning way to try and quantify the largest part of QB play that we otherwise have to completely guess at.

Stroud looks incredible. I cannot believe this was the same guy who felt very system-QBish at OSU.

Almost like the only conference opponent who he struggled against literally had his plays. This is the Georgia version, the real thing.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

So, what's our thoughts on the S2 cognitive test?

I have SO MANY thought on the S2 cognitive test. 

... or at least I WILL have so many thoughts once I learn what the S2 cognitive test is. 

... or if it a thing you made up, then I always knew the S2 cognitive test wasn't a real thing and I was in on the joke the whole time

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 3