The 2024 Commanders NFL Draft Thread

MikeT14

Just now, lavar703 said:

Jayden Daniels met with the team by himself. The other three are showing up together. 

Thats a pretty big assumption... I didn't know that meeting with the team on the same day as other prospect(s) meant you were showing up together.

12 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

8mwaki.jpg

Not meant to be offensive. Hope its not interpreted that way. Just poking fun.

😂 no worries…I was actually going to poke fun at you, given that this information, if accurate, moves the likelihood even closer to 100% that Jayden is their guy. 

You know, given that he’s getting his own full day of meetings with them, and the other top candidates are all getting crammed onto one day together. 

But I’m sure it’s just another brilliant misdirection, part of their masterful ruse to extract the maximum ransom out of some team desperate for Daniels… 😉

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, e16bball said:

😂 no worries…I was actually going to poke fun at you, given that this information, if accurate, moves the likelihood even closer to 100% that Jayden is their guy. 

You know, given that he’s getting his own full day of meetings with them, and the other top candidates are all getting crammed onto one day together. 

But I’m sure it’s just another brilliant misdirection, part of their masterful ruse to extract the maximum ransom out of some team desperate for Daniels… 😉

I am going to laugh so hard when Maye or McCarthy are the selection.

Also, its almost like you guys are in the meeting rooms knowing how long each prospect gets and who shows up with who. You guys should be the ones informing Schefty and Keim.

Edited by Slappy Mc

5 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I am most curious what the meetings are like.  How many hours with each?  Same sessions with each or different?  Maybe it is like one guy in the morning session, one guy afternoon.  

They have done this the right way. They have brought in every QB that has a translatable skillset. They are finding out who they are and they can mov down because they can be comfortable with those options if they are grading similar. It’s a win win

Bettors and sports books are growing increasingly confident that the Washington Commanders will pick LSU quarterback Jayden Daniels with the second overall pick in the 2024 NFL draft.

Just two weeks ago, some sports books had North Carolina quarterback Drake Maye ahead of Daniels as the favorite to go No. 2 overall. But Daniels has now surged well ahead of Maye as the clear favorite to go No. 2.

The 23-year-old Daniels won the Heisman Trophy and had a spectacular fifth and final season of college football last year, throwing for 40 touchdown passes and only four interceptions, while also running for 1,134 yards and 10 touchdowns. Some people think the 21-year-old Maye has a more NFL-style of game and more room to grow, but those people are in the minority.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jayden-daniels-pulling-away-from-drake-maye-as-clear-betting-favorite-to-be-no-2-pick

for what it's worth, gents.

IMO I think KK and Tavita will have more say in the QB choice than most people think. DM has played in the Air Raid system with Longo, not to say JD can’t. Tavita’s input on how DM’s flaws can be corrected will be a big deal.
Both QB’s have their own short comings but The readiness of JD to play ahead of DM seems to be the one constant issue you hear pretty much everywhere. 
With all the players they acquired, I have to believe they feel it’s a good start with a ways to go. I’m thinking DM can improve as the team grows especially if they feel his ceiling is higher than JD. I know the NFL is a win now business but JH said it will take time and patience to do it right.

Im hoping it’s DM. 

• Like 1

All this talk about our picking D M or J D. Wouldn't be a kick in the head if Da Bears passed on C D and took one of them ! Nothing is certain. Yeah, I know-Death and Taxes .

I waffle between the two minute by minute. Totally different Q Bs IMO. Gotta trust the new regime to pick the better player. I like the size , arm of D M but J D will be a nightmare to defend ! Just read too- he's a MUCH better passer than Lamar when he drafted - Not even close. 

• Like 1

How do you guys feel about Kaepernick as an ON THE FIELD comparison for Daniels. Kap was probably like 20 pounds heavier but feel like they have similar game.

5 minutes ago, rizzy said:

How do you guys feel about Kaepernick as an ON THE FIELD comparison for Daniels. Kap was probably like 20 pounds heavier but feel like they have similar game.

Daniels is pretty accurate whereas I don't think Kap had that same level. 

Quick list of the top NFL TEs and their pre-draft Relative Athletic Scores (RAS). If we’re looking at mid-round TEs, this should be a big piece of the consideration. Pretty rare is the player who can be a high-end NFL TE despite being a mediocre athlete. 

Travis Kelce - 9.27

George Kittle - 9.52

Rob Gronkowski - 9.31

Mark Andrews - 7.28

TJ Hockenson - 9.19

Sam LaPorta - 9.01

Dallas Goedert - 9.48

Cole Kmet - 8.92

Darren Waller - 9.05

Kyle Pitts - 9.65

Evan Engram - 9.11

David Njoku - 9.32