GDT: Denver at Miami

AnAngryAmerican

Give me Jerry Roseburg as HC and Wade as DC, and your team improves 180 degrees. BUT, that would be the kind of move that takes us out of contention for the #1 overall pick.  And if you are sitting there with the #1 pick you have to take Caleb, right?  I like Shedeur but he isn't coming out this year, so would you take a number one overall to get a franchise QB?  I think you have to, don't you?  

19 hours ago, anewdawn said:

And that ahole Paton jinxed himself so bad calling Hackett out.  I'm a big believer in Karma and man if a moron could shoot himself in the foot than this clown shot himself in the head from the bottom of the mouth up, lmao.  He is going to finsish with a worst record than Hackett.  What an embarrassing embarrassing game  🤣 

Let the Karma seep in.  McDaniel, a Denver native, and former ball boy to the Broncos didn't get an interview for the last round of HC jobs.  Then the Broncos fire Fangio and shopped Chubb to the Dolphins.  All sorts bad juju going on for the Broncos.  We will be in the cellar for awhile.  We may need to reach out to Lions and Browns fans to see how they cope. I am sure they drink, but there as to be other ways.

• Like 2

Missed the game (thankfully) and it’s been said here ad  nauseam - burn it down  all the way to the ground if need be.

There’s a part of me that’s wondering if Payton and the Walmarts are ok with a full on rebuild - have your scapegoats in Vance and maybe Russ at the end of the year.   Trade the assets you can to recoup some picks and then next year is a pass year as young guys get acclimated leading to another high draft pick and moving Russ with that bloated contact after 2024

To chime in, I think Simmons and Jeudy could get us a 2nd each, PS2 probably multiple 1s. Bolles a 2nd or 3rd. Not sure we could get anything of measurable value for Sutton. I wouldn’t move PS2, however, unless his dad keeps chiming in on crap. 

I think we just need to clean house. The players who’ve been part of the losing culture - whether they’ve held up their end of the bargain (Simmons) or not (Bolles, Sutton) - just need to be replaced to replenish the locker room. And it needs to be with guys other than just those who’ve played in NO. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

To chime in, I think Simmons and Jeudy could get us a 2nd each, PS2 probably multiple 1s. Bolles a 2nd or 3rd. Not sure we could get anything of measurable value for Sutton. I wouldn’t move PS2, however, unless his dad keeps chiming in on crap. 

I think we just need to clean house. The players who’ve been part of the losing culture - whether they’ve held up their end of the bargain (Simmons) or not (Bolles, Sutton) - just need to be replaced to replenish the locker room. And it needs to be with guys other than just those who’ve played in NO. 

Marvin Mims seems to be the only guy playing hard out there.  He might be the only one worth keeping.  I'd clean the house and trade everyone who is willing to buy.  If you could package Russ and PS2 to have someone take Russ' contract, fine. Not that I am hanging anything on this on Russ, he has been better than okay...but if you are going to burn **** down, then go get Caleb and build around him, and leave Mimms for him to throw too...my guess is that those two have worked together already.  

And I am with you I'd be on the phone with Wade right now.  He is the only coach who has no pride who would take this job.  He would also bring some brevity into a bad situation which the Broncos need.  They need someone who is laid and humourous to take the weight off everyone in that building, and I think Wade is the only guy who could do that. 

10 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Somehow, we've found ourselves in a position with Matt Henningsen, Jonathan Harris, Jonathan Cooper, etc are playing something like 40 snaps each. These guys aren't NFL talent players. They just aren't. 

When was the last time this team unearthed a late round talent in the front 7? At this point, get every young DL off the PS and see what we've goy. I liked that Air Force kid in preseason. Get him in. How can it get worse???

After sleeping on it, this is basically my take as well. You absolutely have to send a message to the locker room that every single person is fighting for their jobs in the coming Apocalypse. I don't really have a problem running a bunch of bench, young dudes who aren't really ready, or practice squad people to see if they flash at all. Can it honestly be worse than the performance yesterday? History would suggest no even if we trotted out some XFL level dudes.

Something I hadn't really thought of but was mentioned on the Fan this morning is that these dudes just straight up quit on defense. I guess some of our previous crew could have been leading this because they remember Vance and aren't gonna ball out for him like they did with Vic or Evero. Either way, they gotta know that's not ok and a message has to be sent.

A few thoughts:

1.  You do have to keep some core guys - pick the ones that want to be here, and you are sure will be OK with a tear down.    There is a minimum spending cap, no point on spending on bad players.

2. Trade for value, if you don't get the value, and the player is still in peak form, keep them.   PS2, Simmons, Jeudy all are tradeable assets, you stick to what you think is "OMG let's deal them".

3.  Guys are are past their peak, no problem on dealing to take a discount.  Sutton is the one that comes to mind - the line may look shiny, but the 2 fumbles and dropped TD show what we're getting is not close to the same guy pre-ACL (and this is year 2 post ACL, so he should be OK physically - it's just his body type / play style stays at peak the least).

4.  First and foremost, build the trenches up.   EVERYONE and their dog called the DL as the weak spot on the lineup.  It's just so painful that it's THAT bad. 

5.  Re: tanking; again - no player tanks and I don't think anyone in the coaching ranks does either - because their job security isn't even close to where they can be comfortable doing that.   Payton is obv the one exception that has a lot of security.   So, no, I don't think anyone on the roster is tanking, nor any of the coaches below Payton (I'll concede that he's so secure right now, he can embrace that).

In Vance Joseph's case, it's just that he just flat out is incompetent.   He shouldn't last through next week, TBH.

• Like 1

As for the trade market....

Guys who we will likely keep as I don't see the market giving what Paton would want to part ways - PS2, Surtain, likely Jeudy & Javonte Williams (not that J-Williams has been an issue but more that he's about to get expensive, so no one will pay a premium to acquire RB).

Guys who would likely certainly go, but not for anything that we will consider elite return - Sutton, Gregory (yes it's not worked out), Perine (not his fault, he has no role with us).    Sutton's not likely to return next year, so even a 4th is better than an end-of-3rd that you MIGHT or might not get in the comp pick formula 1+ year later.   Same with Gregory.    We should definitely try and deal one of the ILB's and let Drew Sanders play and get valuable experience for 2024+.   Just a matter of who can be dealt at best price (but fair warning, it's most likely a day 3 pick).

Unknown - Bolles (T's are scarce, but he's not played even close to top 10 level since the Covid year, but not been our problem, either - I kinda agree he'd get a 2nd, maybe a 2nd & early day 2 pick).  

Everyone else - probably not a difference maker.   

The most likely scenario is we'll have our 4-5 best young players because teams rarely give up what we think is "decent", let alone amazing value.   We were spoiled with the Bradley Chubb deal, that was an outright steal (which we sadly returned back in the Sean Payton deal with NO).    Outside of Jalen Ramsey at a really young age, no good to great player has returned a 1st, an only Roquan Smith & Von Miller have returned a 2nd round pick in deals. 

Jalen Ramsey 2nd time around, gets 3rd rounder.   Leonard Williams got a 3rd/5th.   Sadly, if ppl aren't willing to get less in return than full market value, outside of PS2 (who we should hold out for 2 1sts and more for), I don't see the picks as being that much of difference makers.   And again, we HAVE to spend a floor.    So keeping 4-5 core guys who are young, makes sense.  Even the worst teams do that. 

3 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Should have just made Evero the HC, not only the interim, but the long-term HC. Those guys seemed to play hard for him, and he is smart. 

Well remember now, we did interview him for the job. Obviously we will never truly know what happened in there but we've heard he didn't want to be here after the flack that Hackett got. I will pound the drum all day for Evero, he just wasn't going to end up here unfortunately.