Week 4: Detroit Lions (2-1) at Green Bay Packers (2-1)

Old Guy

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

LOL.  I'm actually not a fan of Kelly Stafford, so not having ever seen Mrs. Goff, I'll just default to her on that basis.

They're both good looking.....but...ahh....Jared did well for himself :)
QB's in the NFL generally aren't hurting for female companions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Watson is going backwards. Not having Alexander would be a big problem against Amon Ra. 

Need Tom as well because that is Hutchinson's side. At this point, I'm "meh" on Bak and Campbell, their replacements can handle Detroit. 

Knowing they did not practice; this is the one-time teams can lie through their teeth on this report. 

I think Bak, Jones, and Watson are a go. Not sure on Tom, Campbell (likely out), Jenkins out, Alexander don't know. Gary is a go but still on a pitch count. 

Edited by Old Guy

Why are we talking like Goodson played this off-season? He hurt his shoulder game #1 on a similar tackle to Carr and was out the rest of camp.

I personally think it was dumb to give him up, 2021 preseason he showed a lot and they were using him a lot like Ervin in minicamp. I would've carried him on the 53 ahead of Wilson and then IR-ed him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Why are we talking like Goodson played this off-season? He hurt his shoulder game #1 on a similar tackle to Carr and was out the rest of camp.

I personally think it was dumb to give him up, 2021 preseason he showed a lot and they were using him a lot like Ervin in minicamp. I would've carried him on the 53 ahead of Wilson and then IR-ed him.

I mean, there's more than likely a reason they didn't do just that.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Watson is going backwards. Not having Alexander would be a big problem against Amon Ra. 

Need Tom as well because that is Hutchinson's side. At this point, I'm "meh" on Bak and Campbell, their replacements can handle Detroit. 

Tom's knee "doing better today" is at least good news since it sounds like he avoided a significant injury.

I wonder if pulling out the win yesterday means they'll be more conservative with guys coming back this week (tiebreakers notwithstanding).

20 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Tom's knee "doing better today" is at least good news since it sounds like he avoided a significant injury.

I wonder if pulling out the win yesterday means they'll be more conservative with guys coming back this week (tiebreakers notwithstanding).

This is a game to take early control of the division. We have the Raiders with 10 days rest after this game, then a buy. If you can play this week you play. 

3 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Count me as one who thought the Lions made a mistake by trading Stafford for Goff.

Goff appears to have found his stride in Detroit, and while he's not a world-beater, he's a fine fit for Cambell's program.  Hopefully GB will make him wish he was still playing in the NFC West.

You have to give credit to Detroit for getting Goff to do what he did in his first two seasons with the Rams.  Not throw interceptions.  He's thrown 17 interceptions over the last 1184 passing attempts (69.6 passing attempts per INT) compared to 41 interceptions over 1739 passing attempts (42.2 passing attempts per INT) in his last 3 season with the Rams.

Count me as one who thought the Lions made a mistake by trading Stafford for Goff.

Goff appears to have found his stride in Detroit, and while he's not a world-beater, he's a fine fit for Cambell's program.  Hopefully GB will make him wish he was still playing in the NFC West.

I mean... Stafford is and has been miles better.  Comes down to the draft compensation, but I think given the age/readiness to compete for both teams, it made a lot of sense.

Rams had a SB ready team limited by Goff, and Lions had a much worse squad held up by stafford.  Moving to Goff helped them get younger at QB and accrue some really nice talent with those 1sts and 2nds and 3rds they received.

Stafford is the Crosby of QBs. He's always there and mostly ok to good. Was a no-brainer for Detroit IMO