The good, bad and fire Josh McDaniels. Dolts edition.

Totty

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Accuracy, ability to read the field, movement in the pocket, movement outside of the pocket, experience.

Garoppolo has looked good this year in between the laughably bad plays and inability to attack the defense deep. That said, nothing from AOC yesterday made me think he is a better option right now.

What?? You must have been watching a different player to me sorry!

Accuracy has been awful patchy, led to a couple of interceptions and his delivery has been late quite a few times. First couple games he moved well in the pocket but last game he had happy feet for sure and looked nervous out there similar to Carr.

I’ll give you that Garoppolo has been good scrambling for the odd first down and that was pleasing. I would argue his reading of the field has been terrible though, hence not seeing guys wide open like Renfrow, Tucker and Mayer numerous times. When that is compounded by the defence not respecting him and it negatively affecting our run game then he’s been nothing short of a disaster to me.

I honestly think AOC was better for the offence as a whole, though that’s not to say Garoppolo can’t improve of course.

• Like 2

Start Aidan. 

This team is going nowhere.

There's no G,B, and U w/ this team. It's all U. Let's see if we found a diamond in Aidan and see what he can do w/ some experience. There's a reason a lot of scouts had him pegged as someone who could surprise some people last year although it never panned out. Was that b/c of Purdue or b/c of him? I'd love to find out how he can perform w/ talented weapons around him assuming the line doesn't get him killed.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I don't fully disagree, but I do worry about Josh’s ability to screw up and manage to win a few gimmes once the heat truly ramps up in hopes of self preservation. 

I almost wonder if firing him, appointing an interim HC and point blank telling him "We're not even considering making it a full time gig, just finish the year getting paid and best of luck in your future endeavors" wouldn't be the safer route. 

It's such a terrible spot to be in honestly. To be this incompetent before the trade deadline make me nervous. 

This group will try to save themselves. Do they fire sale the roster at the deadline? How much leash does Davis give this group going forward?

Will this regime act in the best interest of the team if they know they are the way out? 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I don't fully disagree, but I do worry about Josh’s ability to screw up and manage to win a few gimmes once the heat truly ramps up in hopes of self preservation. 

I almost wonder if firing him, appointing an interim HC and point blank telling him "We're not even considering making it a full time gig, just finish the year getting paid and best of luck in your future endeavors" wouldn't be the safer route. 

One the other hand, an Interim HC probably also wants to look good so He is in the conversation for a good job.

Same goes for the players.

26 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Start Aidan. 

This team is going nowhere.

There's no G,B, and U w/ this team. It's all U. Let's see if we found a diamond in Aidan and see what he can do w/ some experience. There's a reason a lot of scouts had him pegged as someone who could surprise some people last year although it never panned out. Was that b/c of Purdue or b/c of him? I'd love to find out how he can perform w/ talented weapons around him assuming the line doesn't get him killed.

McDaniels is fighting for his job. Doubt he’ll roll with AOC. Maybe if they fire him, but I doubt it’ll happen anytime soon unfortunately 

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I agree with most of this, though I do question why AOC can be deemed ‘not the QBoTF’ after only one game? What do you see that makes you sure he can’t be? 

I mean, I guess you’re right that it might be too early to really judge, but he doesn’t jump off the screen physically or athletically to make me think that there’s franchise QB potential there. He can and will improve on the mental aspect of the game, but making smarter decisions only gets you so far.

I just don’t see any “it” factor. Even potentially.

I would love to be wrong btw. Maybe he is someone who will maximise his talent and ends up starting/starring here or somewhere else. I won’t hold my breath, though.

Edited by Nightmare
  • Like 1

ill gladly throw Wilson in the good this week. He had some very good reps. If we can max him out, sky is the limit. 

One thing ill say about Josh, is that the wins havent come yet, but the team plays hard and doesnt quit. Not sure if thats a team deal or what but we have some winnable games coming up to turn this thing around. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I've been saying tank tank tank. JMD will not. The guy will probably find a way to get to 5-6 wins and put us in purgatory.

I mean... I'd like to think he's incapable of that. But then again, this is the Raiders we're talking about. 

I wonder who advises Davis on things now days. Because you want to make some serious coin, you go all in to get Williams in Vegas. If he is who they say he is, he'd be a huge draw and create a ton of buzz for your franchise. He'd be the biggest thing in the desert since the rat pack. 

Hard to argue against the financial ramifications a guy with Williams pedigree would bring. I like a lot of the other QBs, but for eyes, relevancy and maybe altering a franchise this is the guy. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Nothing left for me to say. 

Josh has me looking like prime Miss Cleo. 

All of us are right and wrong sometimes. All of us. You, me, bo, humble. You nailed it. Josh McDaniels is terrible and there was absolutely zero hope from day one. I honestly think this was purely for that giant paycheck, and he always knew he’d be the Patriot HC at some point. 

A lot of us were right on Carr though and you were wrong. Carr is not a good QB. His flaws are overwhelming and that is apparent on the Saints. You would always say he’s Top 10, and is Top 5-7 with the right situation. Carr lacks pocket awareness, lacks play extension ability, can’t throw with anticipation, takes a while going through reads, scared of taking a hit, and scared/overthinker when there is a small field such as the redzone. That’s just the surface level flaws, there is a lot of flaws mentally with him.  

4 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

McDaniels is fighting for his job. Doubt he’ll roll with AOC. Maybe if they fire him, but I doubt it’ll happen anytime soon unfortunately 

Absolutely agreed but he looks like a genius if it pans out. Jimmy isn't going to save his job. Hoyer isn't going to save it either. We know that. We don't know what we have with Aidan but it's a promising start. A guy who could potentially save his job. 

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It's such a terrible spot to be in honestly. To be this incompetent before the trade deadline make me nervous. 

This group will try to save themselves. Do they fire sale the roster at the deadline? How much leash does Davis give this group going forward?

Will this regime act in the best interest of the team if they know they are the way out? 

Right because that's usually the third and final act of the Patriots disciples: they get rid of everyone and leave the roster barren.

6 hours ago, TLO said:

This team bottoming out and going 1-16 would really be the best thing that could happen to them. Worried that they’re bad but not bad enough. 

I still see them winning 5-6 games. They play the Pats, Jets, Bears, Giants, Vikings and Broncos.

You have to imagine they get 3 wins there alone unless the wheels just come all the way off. 

• Like 1