Bears Legend C Claypool Sleeps with the Fishes

Ty21

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

we all know CC has been Poles worst move as GM, but outside of that, i still think he's done a solid B grade on the job. yeah the DL needs fixing still, but you can't fix everything at once. I fully expect a top FA DE and a top 3 round DE to come in next offseason to help

Velus Jones was a bad pick too 

2nd and 3rd rounders not amounting to anything.  That Claypool move was full out desperation when you all could’ve had Pickens instead. 

I hope the best for y’all but Poles ain’t it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, brownie man said:

2nd and 3rd rounders not amounting to anything.  That Claypool move was full out desperation when you all could’ve had Pickens instead. 

Is that what you think? I had no idea

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, brownie man said:

you know who looks like they're balling out rn?

Alex Wright - 3rd round DE in 2022. 21 games played, 1 sack, 2 qb hits, 35 tackles

Martin Emerson Jr - 3rd round CB in 2022. 21 games played, 0 ints, a WEAK 59.0 pff grade

how about your own 2022 3rd round WR? David Bell - 20 games played, 27 catches, 241 yards, 0 tds

this one is good. 2022 4th round DT Perrion Winfrey - 13 games, .5 sack, 22 tackles and OUT OF THE LEAGUE BECAUSE OF AN AGGREVATED ROBBERY AND ASSAULT ARREST

That doesn't even bring up trading 3 1sts, a third, and a 4th for Deshaun Watson, who hadn't played in over a year because of TWENTY SIX SEXUAL ASSAULT ALLEGATIONS AND CLAIMS, then turning around and giving him a fully guaranteed $230M contract, only for him to be terrible.

Maybe if Watson selfishly can't play, you have a competent backup in Josh Dobbs who can come in and OH WAIT YOU TRADED HIM FOR NOTHING and now he's playing well in AZ while DTR runs around hilariously

PLEASE, we are all begging you, stopping coming in here. EVERYBODY wants the browns to be good, but Andrew Berry aint it.

btw, Jones has 217 rushing/receiving yards, similar to Bell, but at least he has 2 tds. not including him being 3rd in KR average of players with 20+ returns last year

so again, please, respectfully, **** right off with your troll bs

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, brownie man said:

2nd and 3rd rounders not amounting to anything.

Yea, good thing we can definitively say that those 6 picks from his only two drafts and the 72 total games available to play by all of them (minus injury games missed) that they wont amount to anything

There is definitely a discussion we can have, I very much disagree with you btw, but this is just an absolutely foolish statement to make about any GM

14 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Flus just confirmed him and Poles told Claypool he was being traded over the phone...good enough for him hahaha

Feels like one of those "If we told you in person we'd have to have security walk you out and that doesn't benefit anyone" deals.

Wish the guy luck but I suspect he is not long for the league. Someone will keep him on a practice squad though given his draft status. Only a matter of time before he's Bill Belichick's WR project of the month!

Edited by chisoxguy7

5 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I've said repeatedly "nice trade, Poles" but in reality he just would've used that 2nd round pick on a crappy and/or oft-injured DB anyway

You know what... your abso-bloody-lutely right.  Now I don't feel so bad about the pick being blown.

Tomilin put up with Antonio Brown for years until he really jumped into crazy pool and then drafted Pickens who definitely is a different personality.   

He is fine with taking and putting up with good players with attitudes or peccadillos to a point most are not.

If Tomlin was done putting up with Claypool that should have shot up giant flares for Poles.

22 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Tomilin put up with Antonio Brown for years until he really jumped into crazy pool and then drafted Pickens who definitely is a different personality.   

He is fine with taking and putting up with good players with attitudes or peccadillos to a point most are not.

If Tomlin was done putting up with Claypool that should have shot up giant flares for Poles.

I was told by a boss when I was training for a management job, "Sometimes quality comes with some crazy. Handle it. A little crazy that performs well is worth it. If they derail work, get rid of them." 

I think that applies to coaching. I'll deal with divas until it affects the locker room to the point it causes issues on the field. 

9 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I was told by a boss when I was training for a management job, "Sometimes quality comes with some crazy. Handle it. A little crazy that performs well is worth it. If they derail work, get rid of them." 

I think that applies to coaching. I'll deal with divas until it affects the locker room to the point it causes issues on the field. 

"The juice has to be worth the squeeze" has been around a long time.

There is a sliding scale with talent and production versus pain in the ***.

Lawrence Taylor got to sleep through meetings and his coach was Bill Parcells.   A notorious hard ***.  

Jimmy Johnson let Michael Irvin, Warren Sapp (at Miami) and Deion Sanders act up and party.   He cut another dude for jogging to sideline during practice to grab a puff of his inhaler.

Hot girls get away with a lot.  They kind of freak out when they get a little older and lose that super power.   

Guys who make a habit of trading on their talent get a rude awakening when they get old or get hurt.   Claypool just found that out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Except the thing that Tomlin is so good about is that he keeps absolutely everything in house. So you don’t really know who is a malcontent and to what level. 

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t remember much of this or the off-season stuff coming out even when they were looking to trade him. It was more like they had to pick between Dionte and Claypool to pay, because they just drafted Pickens. And as tantalizing as the Claypool traits were, he is not Dionte Johnson. (Plus the tools of Claypool and Pickens cross more than with Dionte)

It turns out to be a very bad trade for us, would have likely been bad even if he just left in the offseason without all the hoopla, but you can see why we took the risk. Even though everyone acknowledged that it was likely too steep a price even in the moment. 

17 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Except the thing that Tomlin is so good about is that he keeps absolutely everything in house. So you don’t really know who is a malcontent and to what level. 

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t remember much of this or the off-season stuff coming out even when they were looking to trade him. It was more like they had to pick between Dionte and Claypool to pay, because they just drafted Pickens. And as tantalizing as the Claypool traits were, he is not Dionte Johnson. (Plus the tools of Claypool and Pickens cross more than with Dionte)

It turns out to be a very bad trade for us, would have likely been bad even if he just left in the offseason without all the hoopla, but you can see why we took the risk. Even though everyone acknowledged that it was likely too steep a price even in the moment. 

If I remember right it all started with, at least in the media, Claypool wanting to listen to certain music at practice