John Dorsey named GM

hornbybrown

1 minute ago, freakygeniuskid said:

The one thing that makes me really nervous is Dorsey's last four drafts with the Chiefs. In general, he only got about one pick right per draft, and the last one was only saved by his being willing to draft a trash human being who beat his pregnant girlfriend.

I've had that thought too, but I'm holding out hope that a guy who is widely considered a fantastic scout/talent evaluator in Dorsey will at least get the QB position right in 2018...and I'm also hoping that the Chiefs drafting mostly at the back end of the draft also played a part in these past 4 years.

Compared to Sashi and Berry's drafts the last two years, they have more "star" guys (Kelce, Hill, Peters for them to Garrett and Ogbah for us), but we have WAY more solid contributors.

Personally I think that we need more of these "TOP END" talent guys as we have enough "solid contributors", although some of these could evolve into stars (Bitonio, Tretter, Zeitler, Coleman, Coleman, Njoku, perhaps Gordon, and Duke). Throw 2 Pro Bowlers in there with one of them being a QB, and we are in MAJOR BUSINESS.

He could always blow it too, which is more likely.

And he is not good with contracts/the cap. He gave out a couple contracts in the last 18 months to two of "his" guys that people in the media AND inside the building wondering what the heck he was doing.

This is why I'm optimistic that DePo is still here. 

I'm a little concerned that he's coasting on a great reputation from Green Bay, where Ted Thompson was always "the guy" anyway.

I hope that him and Thompson were on the same page. If so, he's GREAT. If not, like you said, he's riding coattails. 

I'm not totally off the boat. But I'm not very optimistic.

I'll be more on board if we keep DePo as our numbers guy and fire Hue. Right now, I'm kind of in between where you are and optimistic, if that makes sense.

12 hours ago, Dogbite said:

Mary Kay is and always has been an absolute joke.  She is the very epitome of why women should stay out of football. She is clueless. She is a drama queen who likes to stir things up and focus on only negativity. It wouldn't have mattered if the Browns went 14-14 in the lat 28 games that wench would have been more focused on the 14 losses and the failures of those games/players/coaching decisions ect. If she want's such and ugly tramp I'd say she can bend over and bite a pillow too, but I've got standards so I would never tell her to do it.

Don't ever do this again. You can mock a reporter for being an idiot, but if you mock somebody for gender again you will get a temporary ban.

My disappointment and decline in optimism has really nothing to do with swapping Sashi for Dorsey, but more so because Haslam just continues to show his impatience and incompetence.

We're saddled with an owner who is going to run this franchise into the ground unless the NFL steps in or his wife orders him to stop meddling, because he simply can't help himself. 

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

My disappointment and decline in optimism has really nothing to do with swapping Sashi for Dorsey, but more so because Haslam just continues to show his impatience and incompetence.

We're saddled with an owner who is going to run this franchise into the ground unless the NFL steps in or his wife orders him to stop meddling, because he simply can't help himself. 

I honestly wonder if Dee is culpable in this mess too and if she's getting meddlesome. I'm full blown conspiracy theorist right now...

tumblr_maosnlMcqF1qffn84.gif

Hue intentionally sabotaging the organization for his run with the Bengals, Jimmy is way too hands on/making all decisions, Sashi has been the planned fall guy for 2 years while setting us up for success...I'm ALL IN on this.

tenor.gif?itemid=4952797

14 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Don't ever do this again. You can mock a reporter for being an idiot, but if you mock somebody for gender again you will get a temporary ban.

Whoa cowboy. Forgot how sensitive our country has become.

We can make jokes all day long about women only being good for making a sandwich and being in the kitchen but we cannot tell them to stay out of football? Makes perfect sense. Rules like the NFL I see. Only applies to certain teams or certain situations. I am not one of the good ole boys I got it I won't ever agree with Cam Newton again, well at least not put it into words on this forum.

I will still hate Mary Kay. If you want to punish me for that then I guess I will just have to grin an bare it with that one comes.

Just now, Dogbite said:

I will still hate Mary Kay. If you want to punish me for that then I guess I will just have to grin an bare it with that one comes.

Don't try to be a martyr. No you can't say keep women out of football. You don't know who our members all are IRL and this is a family accessible site. There's a difference making a joke about gender roles and saying that a reporter you hate is bad at their job because she's a woman.

5 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Whoa cowboy. Forgot how sensitive our country has become.

We can make jokes all day long about women only being good for making a sandwich and being in the kitchen but we cannot tell them to stay out of football? Makes perfect sense. Rules like the NFL I see. Only applies to certain teams or certain situations. I am not one of the good ole boys I got it I won't ever agree with Cam Newton again, well at least not put it into words on this forum.

Not women, just our wives and it was said tongue in cheek.

@MWil23 and I have nothing but respect for our spouses.

If there was any confusion or misunderstanding, that's my bad, but it was not meant to be seriously.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not women, just our wives and it was said tongue in cheek.

@MWil23 and I have nothing but respect for our spouses.

If there was any confusion or misunderstanding, that's my bad, but it was not meant to be seriously.

Yeah, this is a fact.

Honestly, nothing but good fun, plus I wasn't being completely honest.

My wife does all of the cooking, cleaning, and laundry.

You should see her make a meatball sub...it's edible artwork.

19 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Don't try to be a martyr. No you can't say keep women out of football. You don't know who our members all are IRL and this is a family accessible site. There's a difference making a joke about gender roles and saying that a reporter you hate is bad at their job because she's a woman.

That's true. Buno has blossomed into a fine young woman. 

Archived