John Dorsey named GM

hornbybrown

Alex Smith and that 3 run stretch would be considered the greatest run in the new Browns history, but again if that kind of QB play and that stretch run is your ultimate goal as a fan, coach, player or owner then I say get to stepping. I don't want you anywhere near my team. If you goal is not true greatness with the chance at championships then you have no place with me and don't get all well they were in the playoffs they had a chance at a championship. Be real for 2 seconds and admit Kansas City and Alex Smith never had any real shot at winning a championship even after they made the playoffs.

Just because average is better than what we have had for 18 years doesn't mean I should be okay with average or even slightly better than average.

9 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Alex Smith and that 3 run stretch would be considered the greatest run in the new Browns history,

Obviously

but again if that kind of QB play and that stretch run is your ultimate goal as a fan, coach, player or owner then I say get to stepping. I don't want you anywhere near my team.

If you have an elite defense, it can win you a Super Bowl/have you competing for one. Ask the 2006 Steelers, the 2015 Broncos, or the Alex Smith/Colin K 49ers, not to mention teams like the 2000 Ravens and 2002 Bucs. 

If you goal is not true greatness with the chance at championships then you have no place with me and don't get all well they were in the playoffs they had a chance at a championship. Be real for 2 seconds and admit Kansas City and Alex Smith never had any real shot at winning a championship even after they made the playoffs.

Or maybe there's another route to go besides "full tank mode". Alex Smith is the PERFECT bridge QB. He's good enough to compete and look good, not turn the ball over, make every throw  within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage and every pre-snap read. Pair him with an above average defense and a solid running game and you have an instant playoff team and Super Bowl contender, even if they're a darkhorse team. He's the guy I'd want to come in for about a 2-5 year stretch until I got my franchise guy.

You know what I don't want?

To take a flier on a 2nd/3rd round QB, or about the 3rd/4th best QB prospect in the draft in the late first round, and then throw him to the wolves for two years, watch him play terribly, then wash, rinse, repeat two years later, after getting a bottom tiered stop-gap veteran like McCown, Hoyer, or take your pick from any of the other DOZENS of candidates over the last 20 years.

Just because average is better than what we have had for 18 years doesn't mean I should be okay with average or even slightly better than average.

And you shouldn't. But you should hope for improvement. And the fact that we've seen regression is a joke.

The bottom line is, if he finds that QB, no one will care about much else. If the Colts GM could do it a few years ago with Luck, then he can't do worse than Farmer, Savage, Dwight Clark, or that homeless guy Jimmy had draft Manziel.

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

KC turned it around when they got Smith. Dorsey pulled that off. Pioli’s teams were awful. Yeah reid is a solid coach but the team also struggled at part because of him. Like the current streak they are playing and like the game they blew to the colts when they had a huge lead. If Pahomes turns out to be something it’s anothet feather in his cap.

Can’t give one guy all the credit and all the negatives to the other. 

Not doing that at all, I just don't see some savant at talent identification like he's been billed.  

Ruh Roh...some of you Sashi lovers are not gonna like what Dorsey had to say about     the previous regime's drafts.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Honestly....I hope he 'kills it" this offseason.  We need to see some wins next year.                                                                                                                                          

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

Ruh Roh...some of you Sashi lovers are not gonna like what Dorsey had to say about     the previous regime's drafts.

Honestly....I hope he 'kills it" this offseason.  We need to see some wins next year.                                                                                                                                          

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/12/browns_john_dorsey_the_guys_th.html#incart_river_index

yep.

This guy sounds like a jack a 

I hate guys who talk like this, just go be good and let your record speak for itself. 

Sachi actually did pretty well with his draft picks better than what Dorsey did in KC. 

What better way to start your tenure in Cleveland than isolating/calling out a good portion of your current roster?

*Collins

*Schobert

*Ogbah

*Garrett

*Coleman

*Peppers

*Njoku

*McCourty

*Zeitler

*Tretter

*S. Coleman

That's a good core. Glad they're ostracized by our new GM.

As does everyone. Rooting against him is like being aboard the Titanic and rooting for the iceberg.

2 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

In my opinion, that was not a very smart thing for Dorsey to say.  He should have just stayed quiet.  His drafts were already going to be looked at under a microscope but now that he made this comment, he's left himself with "very little" margin for error when it comes to his picks.

Peace!!!

1 minute ago, cortes02 said:

In my opinion, that was not a very smart thing for Dorsey to say.  He should have just stayed quiet.  His drafts were already going to be looked at under a microscope but now that he made this comment, he's left himself with "very little" margin for error when it comes to his picks.

Peace!!!

agreed
i bet you Hue wishes he could take back "Trust me on this one"

15 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Oh boy. Not a good look. Very unnecessary. 

Yeah, this is insane. Who does this? I just got hired by a church back in the Spring. The first thing I did wasn't to say that the last guy who was hear only brought in trash members and that they need to be replaced!

And good grief, not real football players?!? Somebody listed them above, but I'd just point out that we drafted a TON of guys that would pass the Gruden test for real football player, (as in, Jon Gruden's draft day comments on them would be something like, "That guy is just a football player, no doubts about it"). Like, Garrett, Peppers, Schobert, even guys who didn't make it like Scoobey Wright.

Didn't draft real football players. What a disaster of a press conference from the standpoint both of organizational leadership and talent evaluation.

To some extent, I agree with Dorsey.  I have said already that I don't believe that Sashi had brought enough talent with the picks he had in the last 2 drafts, and free agency.  However, no one can argue that Dorsey is set up very nicely (because of Sashi) with the picks, and cap space that they have.  He really DID screw up by "talking down" the current players on the roster, and put a huge target on his back to make this team much, much better this off-season.

in 20 years no one has been able to turn this team around.  the best two year stretch we had was 7-9 in 2000 and 9-7 in 2001 and we've had our fair share of football czars, highly touted college coaches, pro coaches with experience, pro coaches without experience

WHY DO THESE DUMMIES KEEP ON MAKING MORE PRESSURE FOR THEMSELVES TO CHANGE A BLACK HOLE OF MISERY THAT HAS DESTROYED EVERY SOUL THAT HAS TRIED TO ENTER IT

Just now, mistakey said:

in 20 years no one has been able to turn this team around.  the best two year stretch we had was 7-9 in 2000 and 9-7 in 2001 and we've had our fair share of football czars, highly touted college coaches, pro coaches with experience, pro coaches without experience

WHY DO THESE DUMMIES KEEP ON MAKING MORE PRESSURE FOR THEMSELVES TO CHANGE A BLACK HOLE OF MISERY THAT HAS DESTROYED EVERY SOUL THAT HAS TRIED TO ENTER IT

oh, thats right.  ego.

Archived