2023 NFL Trade Deadline Discussion

49ersfan

Hunter Renfrow available. Any takers? What is value at this point?

Schultz added that the relationship between Renfrow and McDaniels hasn’t been good in about a year.

“It has not worked out since he got that big money deal with the Raiders and it really comes down to a fractured relationship with Josh McDaniels and this goes all the way back to last season,” Schultz reported on Tuesday.

“From everything I’ve been told it’s been really frustrating for Renfrow in the sense that not only is not really being used, he’s not on the field, but I think you have a coach and a player that for whatever reason have never been able to get on the same page,” Schultz continued.

“This is what happens sometimes when you’re talking about professional athletes in general. Sometimes a player and a coach don’t mesh and often times it’s best to cut bait and I can tell you that in this case that is certainly an example I would use… both sides want to find a healthy separation. It’s a mutual agreement that a change of scenery for Renfrow would benefit everyone involved.”

• Like 1

The Giants would supposedly be open to moving Adoree Jackson and/or Leonard Williams. Both would be cheap (compensation wise) rentals that would clear some cap for the Giants and let some younger guys get playing time (Tre Hawkins, DJ Davidson/Jordon Riley).

Schoen and Dabs took Saquon to the side before the Washington game and told him to his face that he wasn't getting traded, so you can rule that out.

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

The Giants would supposedly be open to moving Adoree Jackson and/or Leonard Williams. Both would be cheap (compensation wise) rentals that would clear some cap for the Giants and let some younger guys get playing time (Tre Hawkins, DJ Davidson/Jordon Riley).

Schoen and Dabs took Saquon to the side before the Washington game and told him to his face that he wasn't getting traded, so you can rule that out.

Matt Barrows indicated that Jackson could be a realistic target for the niners 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Matt Barrows indicated that Jackson could be a realistic target for the niners 

Yeah, I could see that. Could also see him going to the Bills. Beane and Schoen obviously have a great relationship. At most, I could see the Giants getting a 5th, and that would be if they ate some of his salary. Most likely, it'd be a 6th and the Giants clear about $7 mill in cap space.

He's still a really good corner. It's just obvious that the Giants aren't going to re-sign him after this year. It certainly helps playing the Commanders, but the Giants were without him last week and the defense played their best game of the season, so its a promising sign for the team that they'd be alright with him gone. 

16 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

There’s no chance Washington moves Young AND Sweat, right? 

I can't see it happening. We have a ton of cap space next year and plenty available to keep both. Not saying that will happen obviously but if the new staff wants to they easily can. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Only Giant I would want is Sexy Dexy

4 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Ooooooooooooh, I'll take Leonard. Line him up next to Terminator... give him a massive contract this upcoming offseason... ooooooooooooh, yeah.