2023 NFL Trade Deadline Discussion

49ersfan

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

I'm seeing it now with Ridder, sadly. And I'm sure Pitts is getting the label too. Thankfully, it's avoided London. But who knows by the end of the year if any of those 3 will get the label pulled from this merry band of misfits on this forum.

Oh, Ridder isn't a starting NFL QB 😂

I don't mind defending him, but it should be strictly as a low-end starter / high-end backup. 

But that's less "this guys a bust" and more "this guy is a 3rd round QB who is playing about as well as the average 3rd round QB plays". 

Edited by SaveOurSonics
  • Like 2

Just now, SaveOurSonics said:

Oh, Ridder isn't a starting NFL QB 😂

I don't mind defending him, but it should be strictly as a low-end starter / high-end backup. 

Yeah, like I said, I'm seeing it with Ridder, now, sadly. He's going to be good. And a lot of people here are going to eat crow.

Just now, scar988 said:

Yeah, like I said, I'm seeing it with Ridder, now, sadly. He's going to be good. And a lot of people here are going to eat crow.

Eh, put me at the front of the line. I edited the original comment, but wanted to include that I think you're fine defending him as a low-end starter / high-end backup. I just don't see much beyond that. And that doesn't mean he's a bust, it just means he's playing about as well as your average 3rd round QB. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Eh, put me at the front of the line. I edited the original comment, but wanted to include that I think you're fine defending him as a low-end starter / high-end backup. I just don't see much beyond that. And that doesn't mean he's a bust, it just means he's playing about as well as your average 3rd round QB. 

I think he's already more than a low-end starter. Though, that's mainly because there's a LOT of bad QBs in the NFL right now. I just think he has the potential to be a top 10 QB in the NFL as early as next year.

3 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I think he's already more than a low-end starter. Though, that's mainly because there's a LOT of bad QBs in the NFL right now. I just think he has the potential to be a top 10 QB in the NFL as early as next year.

Oof, ya, I don't expect to eat crow on that take, but I'll be rooting for you. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Please god no more Desmond Ridder Atlanta Falcons talk. Every thread I look in has some sort of Desmond Ridder delusion going on

Desmond Ridder played at UC and the Browns could use a quarterback for, well, who knows how long and he’s on a rookie contract, so…

• Like 1

Diana Russini: 

1. The Broncos are not open to trading cornerback Patrick Surtain

Denver is listening to offers on others like receivers Jerry Jeudy and Courtland Sutton and linebacker Josey Jewell, but no offer has come close to motivating GM George Paton to make a move.

The Baltimore Ravens are looking to add a running back, the Cleveland Browns are looking to add a receiver and the Buffalo Bills are scanning the cornerback market. The Washington Commanders are listening to offers on Chase Young and Montez Sweat. They want a second-rounder but have only received offers in the third-round range.

The 49ers are looking to add a few pieces like edge rusher and cornerback. They are working the phones.

She also mentioned that the Titans do not appear to be interested in moving henry or hopkins, Brian Burns isn't being shopped

• Like 1