2023 NFL Trade Deadline Discussion

49ersfan

22 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

DeAndre Hopkins, Marquise Brown, Davante Adams, AJ Brown

And again context to this conversation matters... Im pretty sure all 4 of these guys wanted to be paid which isnt the issue here because the Vikings are willing to pay JJ a fortune.

Edited by Sad People

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

FREE KYLE PITTS!

- Kyle Pitts fantasy owners

This is probably going to have me killed, but have we given any thought to maybe Kyle Pitts just isnt that..... good. 

poor route running and inability to separate despite elite physical gifts. Sort of like the Isiah Simmons of TEs.

EBBiUynUYAAT0Sc.jpg

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

This is probably going to have me killed, but have we given any thought to maybe Kyle Pitts just isnt that..... good. 

poor route running and inability to separate despite elite physical gifts 

Route running and separation were better this week. His knee seemed to be bugging him earlier in the year. 

18 minutes ago, ET80 said:

FREE KYLE PITTS!

- Kyle Pitts fantasy owners

Pretty much what we're going to hear. Falcons coaches and GM are stubborn about players though. They want to see what they have in full. I think this week was a good sign for Pitts, London and Ridder, tbh though.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

poor route running and inability to separate despite elite physical gifts. Sort of like the Isiah Simmons of TEs.

EBBiUynUYAAT0Sc.jpg

I was actually thinking this same thing. I've watched a lot of Atlanta and I don't see a terrific player not being utilized. I see an overhyped prospect who's not as good as advertised. He's giving me Eric Ebron, David Njoku vibes. Big, athletic, athletic but otherwise underwhelming.

4 hours ago, Sad People said:

Something got lost in the sauce here or i didnt do a good enough job at explaing because in my original comment i said

Jefferson isnt going anywhere. Hes still under team control for 3 more seasons and we are set up to make him the highest paid WR is NFL history.

Maybe i didnt do a good enough job at explaining the entire situation because this was my point and the entirety of the context during these posts. That JJ isnt going anywhere because were set up to make him extremely rich and a players dont turn down those type of contracts because they might suck in 4 years. Which goes back to my comment of "it doesnt happen in the NFL" which it doesnt.

Here's the tiny part you seem to be ignoring.  Other teams will be more than willing to make him extremely rich as well.  If JJ truly wanted out, he could make things just difficult enough that the team traded him for multiple first rounders.  JJ would get paid by new team.  

In no way do I think it ever comes to that.  

Edited by INbengalfan

On 10/10/2023 at 4:55 PM, big_palooka said:

I was actually thinking this same thing. I've watched a lot of Atlanta and I don't see a terrific player not being utilized. I see an overhyped prospect who's not as good as advertised. He's giving me Eric Ebron, David Njoku vibes. Big, athletic, athletic but otherwise underwhelming.

Meh, he had hamstring injuries last year and atrocious QB play. This year, he's been dealing with recovery from his MCL tear (which had meniscus damage as well) and is starting to ramp up a bit.

6 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Say what you want about Kirk, but he is too good for them to properly tank.

Our backs and receivers usually find a way to fumble anyway. Even Kirk has been turnover prone this year. As long as they keep committing 2-3 turnovers per game, they’ll be in the hunt for a top 5 pick. 

5 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Our backs and receivers usually find a way to fumble anyway. Even Kirk has been turnover prone this year. As long as they keep committing 2-3 turnovers per game, they’ll be in the hunt for a top 5 pick. 

Yea but have you considered, that I don't want you to have one