Is Deshaun Watson.. load managing?

General Tso

23 hours ago, lavar703 said:

This is the weirdest trade I have ever seen honestly. He's supremely talented and was on the cusp of top 5 QB play before he started sitting out. I just simply do not understand how he's gone from that to this? The talent didn't vanish. 

I just think, mentally, his character has been damaged too much and he's got mounting personal issues to deal with, let alone legal troubles. Time to retire if this is the case. They have a legit shot to win the division. This is just... sad.

• Like 1

Stefanski is going to be fired after this season. He was awkward with how he addressed Bakers injury back in 2021 and he’s being awkward about Watson. He’s also just not a good head coach.

Andrew Berry might be given slight grace.

Watson may or may not be resting, but after how this franchise handled Baker, I don’t blame Watson.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Stefanski is going to be fired after this season. He was awkward with how he addressed Bakers injury back in 2021 and he’s being awkward about Watson. He’s also just not a good head coach.

Andrew Berry might be given slight grace.

Watson may or may not be resting, but after how this franchise handled Baker, I don’t blame Watson.

Stefanski would probably find an OC job pretty quick. Steelers?

27 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Stefanski would probably find an OC job pretty quick. Steelers?

****, I'd take him in Atlanta with us getting rid of Ragone. He'd be a great person to add wrinkles to the offense that would actually create space in the passing attack. 

On 10/12/2023 at 6:56 AM, MWil23 said:

Watson didn’t practice Monday through Wednesday with an ouchie on his shoulder. Who ever could have predicted that a guy who quit on his former Houston team, has been enabled with zero accountability, only came here for the paycheck, and then quit moments before the game last weekend despite being medically cleared would probably bail again going against a legitimate opponent?

What leverage do the Browns have?

What incentive to play does Watson have with almost 4 years left to get that next contract?

I feel bad for Kevin Stefanski and the fans. Jimmy Haslem and Andrew Barry are the worst things to happen to this organization since 1995.

Wake me up in 2027

Stefanksi didn’t sign off on the trade?

48 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Stefanksi didn’t sign off on the trade?

No idea. He’s been pretty quiet. It was clearly a Jimmy move after he saw the Rams trade for Stafford and win, and Barry was the dude who made it happen. KS is a very professional and diplomatic person, so it’s impossible to say.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

The fact of the matter is Baker is a moron. I suggest you get used to it. Less of your opinion and more facts

That's actually rather funny. Why? Because the guy who replaced Baker in Cleveland should be in prison. Baker didn't have to shell out a lot of $$$$ to stay out of prison. So, who is the Moron? It isn't Baker.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

As oddly similar as they are, you had to weather a bad couple of years with the silver lining of 3 1sts in change and the wicked witch getting fired eventually, all after these allegations happened/surfaced, and you parlayed that into Stroud. The future is trending up.

Theres literally no hope here. No draft capital, no cap room, and by the time there is the good players on this roster will be gone or past their primes having had no capital to build with.

So, 4 more years of sucking all with a loathesome human being and bad player to then go with an expansion level roster…again.

My faith prevents me from hating anyone, but yeah I’m struggling with not wishing bad things here and have since they acquired him.

I do get this and - specific to you and a few others with the Browns - I legitimately empathize with you. I get why this sucks and it sucks it's YOU, y'know?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

As oddly similar as they are, you had to weather a bad couple of years with the silver lining of 3 1sts in change and the wicked witch getting fired eventually, all after these allegations happened/surfaced, and you parlayed that into Stroud. The future is trending up.

Theres literally no hope here. No draft capital, no cap room, and by the time there is the good players on this roster will be gone or past their primes having had no capital to build with.

So, 4 more years of sucking all with a loathesome human being and bad player to then go with an expansion level roster…again.

My faith prevents me from hating anyone, but yeah I’m struggling with not wishing bad things here and have since they acquired him.

there's room on the Lions bandwagon for the next few years brother

• Like 2

Crazy to me that people are defending DeShaun Watson. Who's a pathological liar and outright vile individual.

It's not as if he doesn't have a track record of both reprehensible and unstable behaviors. Anyone else I'd say sure maybe he deserves some benefit of the doubt, but this dude? Nah.

• Like 3

I wish I could live in the moment of Browns fans celebrating the Watson trade forever. They thought they got a really good QB and also thought it would force the Ravens to pay Lamar the highest guaranteed contract in NFL history. 

But alas, neither transpired. 

Sad

Just now, Ray Reed said:

I wish I could live in the moment of Browns fans celebrating the Watson trade forever. They thought they got a really good QB and also thought it would force the Ravens to pay Lamar the highest guaranteed contract in NFL history. 

But alas, neither transpired. 

Sad

I mean, most of us didn’t to the point of where we actually had a fairly large number of fans leave the forum, including both moderators.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, most of us didn’t to the point of where we actually had a fairly large number of fans leave the forum, including both moderators.

I mean in general, not specifically here.

But you know what they say - "Vens fans can just as easily revel in the suffering of some Browns fans, if the suffering of all Browns fans is not possible"

edited for 'Vens

Edited by Ray Reed