State of Titans convo: Non-game specific

deeluxx3

10 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

I know everyone is doom and gloom, but I think there are reasons to be excited for the future.

Whether we get a QB or Marvin Harrison JR w/e we are likely going to get some kind of major cornerstone for the franchise next draft/maybe free agency

Vrabel can prove whether or not he is actually a decent coach or grossly overrated since he'll be heading his own rebuild finally

We have a new stadium coming in what . . . 4 years?  That's plenty of time to turn a team around with the right people in charge. If we were to accomplish that by then, we will probably have a lot of eyes on us for legitimate reasons, for once. May even get to host a Super Bowl here. May even get to play in it here.

I think if Vrabel is actually as good as most of the fanbase has convinced themselves he is, we'll have about a year and a half (including this year) of awful ball to deal with. We'll probably be in contention for the division again by 2026. Maybe a legit contender in 2027.

It's not gonna be so bad. (I hope lol)

You realize that wont happen, right? Levis is going to semi light it up the rest of the way, get us to 7-8 wins, get all of our hopes up and then VANISH in 2024.😄

3 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

You realize that wont happen, right? Levis is going to semi light it up the rest of the way, get us to 7-8 wins, get all of our hopes up and then VANISH in 2024.😄

No one is gonna light it up in this offense, especially if they trade Henry away. Tannehill, who is technically our best option to win, has managed 2 whole TDs in 6 games.

But that would be the most Titans thing to happen, right?  New kid comes in, gets everyone excited for half a year, then breaks his ankle at the end of the year. Never the same after that.

Feel like we've seen that story before.

Getting either of the top two QBs or MHJ seems pretty unrealistic to me. We still play a lot of ****ty teams this year, and we aren’t the only one that looks awful.

Those are gonna be the first three picks, and I don’t think we pick earlier than 5.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Getting either of the top two QBs or MHJ seems pretty unrealistic to me. We still play a lot of ****ty teams this year, and we aren’t the only one that looks awful.

Those are gonna be the first three picks, and I don’t think we pick earlier than 5.

Agree

i think Levis is the starter in 2024. We need to target WR early next year tho.

9 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Agree

i think Levis is the starter in 2024. We need to target WR early next year tho.

I just don't understand why anyone has faith in this guy yet lol.

Maybe he'll be good, maybe he won't. But there is no way in hell he is magically gonna make our offense good enough to win more than 2 more games this year.

Unless Titans things happen. But maybe that won't happen.

Hopefully that won't happen.

38 minutes ago, Daniel said:

unstoppable force (we are a couple weeks removed from absolutely thrashing the bengals and mike vrabel has historically squeezed out wins as a dog) vs immovable object (we lost 7 in a goddamn row last year including to some of the worst teams in football and at this moment we look worse)

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

I just don't understand why anyone has faith in this guy yet lol.

Maybe he'll be good, maybe he won't. But there is no way in hell he is magically gonna make our offense good enough to win more than 2 more games this year.

Unless Titans things happen. But maybe that won't happen.

Hopefully that won't happen.

It’s not as much about having faith and thinking about what realistically is going to happen 

44 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Really depends how much house we clean.

If Derrick and Dhop go and Levis stinks. This team could be pretty damn bad. 

I could see us getting to 3.

Edited by twotonebluenation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

That's fine, then we can get either Fashanu or Alt.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Really depends how much house we clean.

If Derrick and Dhop go and Levis stinks. This team could be pretty damn bad. 

I could see us getting to 3.

Now if we get rid of Henry, maybe.

But as bad as it is, season ends today, we pick 9th.

As grueling as rebuilds can be, I'm actually excited about the future. Mostly because Ran will really get to put his fingerprints on this team starting in this offseason. It was going to be a tough task to build up this roster in a year with the ghost of JRob still being a major piece of this roster but going into the 2024 we're looking at having a top 10 pick, hopefully with a couple more trades before the deadline we can add a few more picks, and we'll have $99 Million to play with in free agency.

That's not a bad way to kick off a rebuild. It sets us up pretty well to put Ran's plan into motion without being handcuffed by aging veterans on big contracts. I'm just intrigued to see what this roster looks like in 2024. I'm praying for more speed and explosiveness all across the roster. 

Who knows what will come of the QB situation, or if we'll take a swing at our guy in this draft, but I'm excited for the new age regardless. It'll be a fresh start that was desperately needed. It might not be pretty for a bit, but hopefully in due time we'll get back in the mix with the contenders in the AFC.

• Like 2

It absolutely blows my mind the amount of people that say Houston Texans should have the Oiler jerseys. Cities do not have jerseys, franchises do. If the Houston Texans had them and were to move to say London just as a hypothetical who then would have the Oiler jerseys? That franchise was never the Oilers and that would make 0 sense to see a London team wearing Oiler jerseys when they were never the Oilers lol. People's anger blinds their common sense. Rant over

• Like 1