2023-2024 NBA GDT: Big stakes on the last day of the regular season!

11sanchez11

6 hours ago, adamq said:

Yikes!

The G-League path is either not developing players properly, or flawed players go there because the lack of national exposure keeps their draft prospects stable. It was a valiant attempt by the NBA to bypass college sports, but they need to return to the drawing board.

26 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

The G-League path is either not developing players properly, or flawed players go there because the lack of national exposure keeps their draft prospects stable. It was a valiant attempt by the NBA to bypass college sports, but they need to return to the drawing board.

There is no development in the G League. The structure of that league is basically YMCA basketball. I'm pretty sure the G League Ignite program is done with the introduction of NIL in college ball now. Overtime Elite is probably a better developmental program but I'm not sure if that's even going on anymore either. 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 9:01 AM, redsoxsuck05 said:

McBride, Quickley, Mitch Robinson

Brunson, Randle, Ragu, and Hartenstein have all gotten a lot better since they came here too.

He almost fooled the world into thinking Grimes was a star lol

Idk man. I'll give you the 1st three but the latter 4 were all good elsewhere and got bigger roles in New York. I can't give credit to Thibs for Brunson not playing next to Luka anymore and getting a chance to run the show. 

Randle was very good in New Orleans too. 

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

There is no development in the G League. The structure of that league is basically YMCA basketball. I'm pretty sure the G League Ignite program is done with the introduction of NIL in college ball now. Overtime Elite is probably a better developmental program but I'm not sure if that's even going on anymore either. 

I was just having a conversation about this recently given Scoot having a **** year and all my friends here are Blazer fans. Like the Blazers just got a g-league team this season. It's just fundamentally insignificant to the league as a whole. 

I don't even truly understand overtime elite. Is it like AAU? Can you stay in past 18? As football future's biggest NBL fan, I am rooting for Alex Sarr to be the greatest french player of all time. 

Edited by Troy Brown

3 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I don't even truly understand overtime elite. Is it like AAU? Can you stay in past 18? As football future's biggest NBL fan, I am rooting for Alex Sarr to be the greatest french player of all time. 

I think it's ages 16 to 20 IIRC.

13 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Idk man. I'll give you the 1st three but the latter 4 were all good elsewhere and got bigger roles in New York. I can't give credit to Thibs for Brunson not playing next to Luka anymore and getting a chance to run the show. 

Randle was very good in New Orleans too. 

Randle was Christian Wood in NO. Thibs has him occasionally resembling a good player.

52 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Booker has made 5 3s in the first 10 minutes. His career high is 6, which he has done like 25x. If he is ever going to do it, now is the time lol

The 27th times the charm! Finally hits 7

3 hours ago, Kingram said:

I have never seen a man own a team like Devin Booker owns the Pelicans, its simply outrageous. He legit cannot miss when he plays us lol

Scored 50 points in his last 3 games vs the Pellies

• 11sanchez11 changed the title to 2023-2024 NBA GDT: Big stakes on the last day of the regular season!