Week 8: San Francisco 49ers vs Cincinnati Bengals

J-ALL-DAY

Now saying all that. We're in a winnable division. It's 17 game season and it's a long season. Both sides of the ball need to do some hard looks at themselves. This team healthy will be a problem at the end of the yr. The season is still right there. Everyone enjoy 2 weeks off lol. 

2 minutes ago, h13r024 said:

I think I might be done as a fan. Period. Players don't seem to care, why should I. I've wasted close to 30 years on this team. I think I'm checking out. **** this team. 

I don’t know you man, but I’m concerned. There’s plenty to live for! I’m sure you have a family that loves you and Niners are still 5-3. Things could be worse. 

Unless of course no one loves you.  Then I got nothing. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, sherm said:

Now saying all that. We're in a winnable division. It's 17 game season and it's a long season. Both sides of the ball need to do some hard looks at themselves. This team healthy will be a problem at the end of the yr. The season is still right there. Everyone enjoy 2 weeks off lol. 

The goal of the season wasn't to win the division it was to win the SB. They sure as hell ain't winning a SB with this team lol!

7 minutes ago, h13r024 said:

I think I might be done as a fan. Period. Players don't seem to care, why should I. I've wasted close to 30 years on this team. I think I'm checking out. **** this team. 

I'm done as far as expecting the team to win a SB b/c I won't expect a SB win until I see a franchise QB.

19 minutes ago, h13r024 said:

Oh come on, this team has made the NFCCG in back to back years and three in total in a four year span. Trust me, it could way be worse lol. 

This team always has rough patches, nothing new. 

Teams have adjusted to our offense and defense and now we have to make some changes after the bye week. 

• Like 2

If the defense isn't the engine leading this train, it has no choice but to derail.

When we've played any QB with a pulse, we've gotten gashed.

Stafford, Cousins, & now Burrow have all made the timely throws, routinely to extend drives and keep the chains moving. Even though we beat the Rams, Stafford was money and kept them in the game late.

I'm not surprised about the run defense because that's not important to us. Hasn't been a focal point of the scheme since we adopted the Wide 9.

But we invested too much money and resources into getting to the QB to be this pedestrian at it 

You can't play as much zone as we do and not affect the pocket. It's just not going to work in our favor. And we don't have the CBs to be in press-man a ton either.

The front has to get home, more timely & efficiently. We should be eating on obvious passing downs and we're barley escaping with stops. People can harp on Wilks all they want but guys are not winning their one-on-ones. Its that simple. AA showed he had a pulse today but collectively, we're lacking. The interior push isn't as consistent nor as sudden as it used to be. And the ends are not making their presence felt enough. A play here and there but it's been nowhere near consistent.

Brock wasn't great. It is what it is.

Kid has to figure it out.

Better now than in a playoff setting.

I didn't expect the run he was on to last forever.

But this is not a offense that can throw it's way to victory.

Shanny has to get the run game figured out and understand what defenses are doing to slow us there.

So much of what we do is tied to our ability to get chunks on the ground.

Without that ability, we're severely handicapped as an offense. 

Brock is seeing it, in real time.

But the defense, right now, is the biggest concern heading into the bye.

Losing that fluke against the Browns is looming larger right now then it did at that time.

Edited by 757-NINER

Bleh. This was brutal. I had this and the Browns game down as losses due to travel + rest differential. But this was ugly. Brock's second half was extremely discouraging. Here's to being healthier and having the same amount of rest and prep as our opponents for once. You wouldn't think that would be so hard, but I give you the NFL's scheduling committee. 

• Like 2

I'm going to poke some fun at Purdy, of course, but i still thought he made some pretty high level plays. Once again through three quarters you'd be pretty happy. 

But there are some major ups and downs now. But the good plays are still there. 

• Like 3