2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

11 hours ago, G08 said:

Murphy makes a lot of sense, and there's some noise out there he could be a top 10 pick.

I don't know if I love him at #9 though, if we could trade back to 12, 14 and get him that would be my preference.

It also renders Zacch Pickens pretty useless, no?

Yeah #9 would be a little high for me as well…would live to see him after a trade back if that is the route we go…

I think the view Pickens more as a NT than an UT behind Billings…truth be told behind Dexter we currently have nothing…in terms of both value to this defence and need UT is without doubt a position we need to add at somehow through this offseason.

• Like 1

What if the Vikings aren't really excited about moving all the way up for JJ, but the Chargers are pretty desperate to add any additional draft capital (regardless of this year or future). What would you guys be comfortable giving up to move up to #5 for Alt (or Nabers I guess?)?

Personally Id give up our '25 Second Rounder, but I might be willing to dangle the Panthers '25 2nd instead. 

7 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

What if the Vikings aren't really excited about moving all the way up for JJ, but the Chargers are pretty desperate to add any additional draft capital (regardless of this year or future). What would you guys be comfortable giving up to move up to #5 for Alt (or Nabers I guess?)?

Personally Id give up our '25 Second Rounder, but I might be willing to dangle the Panthers '25 2nd instead. 

If I were moving up from 9 this year it’d probably only be for Alt. WR is too deep this year and we have too little capital for me to sell. I’d give our 2025 2 to do go from 9 to 5, but I also suspect LA will have better offers than that from other teams. 

• Like 2

Did the NFL come down one way or another on the Falcons obvious (and absolutely hilarious) tampering?  Seems like that could have big effects on the draft if they did anything like what came down on the Dolphins for their (unsuccessful) tampering with Brady. 

Worst case for Bears might be the Vikings/Falcons pick swap, as the Vikings would have an easier time getting up for their QB or even the possibility that the QB falls to 8.

Best case for the Bears would be moving the Falcons to the end of the first round or pulling that pick entirely.  Bears at 8 and removes a destination for Verse (if you want Verse)

Sorry if this has been resolved, but it seems like this was news for a second and now I can't find coverage of it anywhere.  Not sure how it's different than the Dolphins case either, but they seem superficially similar.  If the NFL comes down hard on them, you can add Cousins' presser to a highlight vid of worst QB fails. 

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Did the NFL come down one way or another on the Falcons obvious (and absolutely hilarious) tampering?  Seems like that could have big effects on the draft if they did anything like what came down on the Dolphins for their (unsuccessful) tampering with Brady. 

Worst case for Bears might be the Vikings/Falcons pick swap, as the Vikings would have an easier time getting up for their QB or even the possibility that the QB falls to 8.

Best case for the Bears would be moving the Falcons to the end of the first round or pulling that pick entirely.  Bears at 8 and removes a destination for Verse (if you want Verse)

Sorry if this has been resolved, but it seems like this was news for a second and now I can't find coverage of it anywhere.  Not sure how it's different than the Dolphins case either, but they seem superficially similar.  If the NFL comes down hard on them, you can add Cousins' presser to a highlight vid of worst QB fails. 

Not that I've seen, but I also wouldn't expect the NFL to come down as severely on the Falcons if they were actually proven to have tampered.  The Dolphins were hit hard because of the very blatant tampering of both Tom Brady and Sean Payton, both of who were under contract.  Kirk Cousins was a FA.  The level of egregiousness that the Dolphins was is the reason why their punishment was so severe.  We're probably going to see a Day 2 pick at the earliest being docked, but probably more likely an early Day 3 pick.  And probably affects the 2025 draft, not the 2024 draft.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Not that I've seen, but I also wouldn't expect the NFL to come down as severely on the Falcons if they were actually proven to have tampered.  The Dolphins were hit hard because of the very blatant tampering of both Tom Brady and Sean Payton, both of who were under contract.  Kirk Cousins was a FA.  The level of egregiousness that the Dolphins was is the reason why their punishment was so severe.  We're probably going to see a Day 2 pick at the earliest being docked, but probably more likely an early Day 3 pick.  And probably affects the 2025 draft, not the 2024 draft.

Cousins wasn’t technically a FA yet, but the stuff with the family looking for homes in Georgia can also be easily explained away:

-It was obvious to them they were leaving MIN

-His wife is from GA and if they were facing uncertainty about Kirk’s future destination (especially if they thought it might be more year-to-year in his late career) it makes a ton of sense to get the kids set up close to her family to get some stability with that

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

If I were moving up from 9 this year it’d probably only be for Alt. WR is too deep this year and we have too little capital for me to sell. I’d give our 2025 2 to do go from 9 to 5, but I also suspect LA will have better offers than that from other teams. 

Maybe they will, maybe they have a certain number they don’t want to go past without getting a massive haul, and JJ McCarthy isn’t worth that price.

I believe that there was only a certain spot Poles was willing to drop to last year

• Like 1

My 1st Mock.

1A. #1 QB Caleb Williams USC

1B. #9 TE Brock Bowers Georgia

(I would be happy too if we trade down and get a WR/DE). With Bowers, the Offense is a giant scoring machine, it's a mismatch every play with Bowers.

3. #75 S Kamren Kinchens Miami

4. #121 DE Cedric Johnson Mississippi

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 11:28 AM, JibjeResearch said:

My 1st Mock.

1A. #1 QB Caleb Williams USC

1B. #9 TE Brock Bowers Georgia

(I would be happy too if we trade down and get a WR/DE). With Bowers, the Offense is a giant scoring machine, it's a mismatch every play with Bowers.

3. #75 S Kamren Kinchens Miami

4. #121 DE Cedric Johnson Mississippi

Bowers is a fun and intriguing pick.  I would be surprised if it happens.  It just doesn’t feel like it will.  

11 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Man the draft lies on Twitter are wide and deep right now.  

Clicks are a drug.  Does integrity mean nothing to so many? 

Gotta get those clicks in before imagination gives way to reality ethics be dammed.  And yet we wonder why politics has been following the same exact path right?

2 hours ago, soulman said:

Gotta get those clicks in before imagination gives way to reality ethics be dammed.  And yet we wonder why politics has been following the same exact path right?

Politics have always been that way.  

• Like 1