2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

1 hour ago, JibjeResearch said:

I think he is DJ Metcalf.

However, I think the Bears should go after these guys which I think they are in this draft class: Randy Moss (Thomas Jr), Jerry Rice (Franklin) , Marvin Harrison (MHJ), Brandon Marshall (Coleman), Michael Irvin (Odunze), and DJ Moore/Ja'Marr Chase (Nabers).. IMO 😁

You're kidding right?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:
  1 hour ago, JibjeResearch said:

I think he is DJ Metcalf.

However, I think the Bears should go after these guys which I think they are in this draft class: Randy Moss (Thomas Jr), Jerry Rice (Franklin) , Marvin Harrison (MHJ), Brandon Marshall (Coleman), Michael Irvin (Odunze), and DJ Moore/Ja'Marr Chase (Nabers).. IMO 😁

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

You're kidding right?

That would make this the greatest WR draft class of all time with 4 HOFers in it. 

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

I really question his ability to handle a very hostile media and fanbase and I don't think that there has ever been a question on whether or not Justin has the mental fortitude to handle it. 

I think that’s such an underrated part of the equation. Fields has crushed this part of it too. 

• Like 3

Odunze has been my #3 WR for most of the season but given how different his skill set is to Nabers he is probably more like joint #2...his size and ability to win on contested throws would be a different element to the offence that even DJ can't offer.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Odunze has been my #3 WR for most of the season but given how different his skill set is to Nabers he is probably more like joint #2...his size and ability to win on contested throws would be a different element to the offence that even DJ can't offer.

Yeah we don't really have a contested catch guy currently... 

My only concern with"contested catch" guys coming out is they often also mean "can't run routes or get open in the nfl" guys. Fields especially(and Williams if we went that route) both probably prefer someone who is just wide open constantly. 

Gotta see the metrics for receivers getting open and by how much separation, too. 

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, anonymousGM said:

Give me Ladd Mcconkey mid 3rd-early 4th. Punt returner and competition for Scott. Day 1 Special teamer

Did Ladd just tear an ACL that I havent heard about? Hes a Top 75 player

Edited by StLunatic88

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Odunze is my #2. I like Nabers, but i think his pro comp is actually pretty similar to DJ. Odunze gives us a different kind of WR in terms of body and skill set

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Did Ladd just tear an ACL that I havent heard about? Hes a Top 75 player

The speculation on him is that his athleticism and size (specifically weight) limit his ceiling a bit.

Basically a Jack Sanborn type where the combine metrics hurt his stock because they're the tangible things that people can measure, even despite him just kinda being one of those guys that knows how to play football.  Wouldn't mind him at all on the team. Kid just knows how too get open.

Another rumor: Bears can get more for  #1 pick than what we got last year from Carolina-even from a team picking in the top 5.   All day yes

We could get a 2nd or 3rd if we trade Fields.  We Want Fields!!

IMO Fields has played well to be our starter next year.  Get MHJ, trade pick 10(or where ever we pick) Hard to say what that would get us, it possibly could get us a #1 next year.  Upgrade the O-line and get us another pass rusher(I know we need more than that but those are our biggest needs IMO) 

• Like 1

Anyone wonder if there's a world where Arizona is so enamored with Marvin Harrison Jr, and Poles is okay missing out on him, that Arizona is the team to trade up? Even if it's a secondary trade after we move to 2 or 3, if Poles doesn't mind passing on MHJ, 4 could be a great spot for us if we covet Fashanu, Alt, Bowers, Newton, or McKinstry. Another trade down could be an option too.