2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

9 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Interesting thread. Caleb could hold out for the supplemental draft?

No, that's for if the player finds out they are ineligible for the upcoming season. If there are grades, a legal issue or something that causes them to not be able to return to school then they qualify I believe. Since Caleb has eligibility left he either declares or goes back to school for the year. I guess theoretically he could take a year off too but that would be the dumbest of the three options imo.

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

No, that's for if the player finds out they are ineligible for the upcoming season. If there are grades, a legal issue or something that causes them to not be able to return to school then they qualify I believe. Since Caleb has eligibility left he either declares or goes back to school for the year. I guess theoretically he could take a year off too but that would be the dumbest of the three options imo.

What is the Supplemental Draft?

The supplemental draft, which is held each summer, was installed in 1977 as an option for draft-eligible players who did not declare for the regular NFL Draft. Normally, players who declare for the supplemental draft do so because of unexpected eligibility issues in college (academic or discipline).

How does a player enter the Supplemental Draft?

Prospects looking to enter the Supplemental Draft have to apply with and be approved by the league office for eligibility.

Just now, dafreak said:

What is the Supplemental Draft?

The supplemental draft, which is held each summer, was installed in 1977 as an option for draft-eligible players who did not declare for the regular NFL Draft. Normally, players who declare for the supplemental draft do so because of unexpected eligibility issues in college (academic or discipline).

How does a player enter the Supplemental Draft?

Prospects looking to enter the Supplemental Draft have to apply with and be approved by the league office for eligibility.

Would set a bad precedent if somehow the league approved it - highly doubtful its an option for him. F' him though.

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

This is the important part. They arent going to let someone use the Supplemental Draft to try and Manipulate teams, it would set a horrible president 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Being sarcastic here (maybe?) but I'd rather he own the team than the dip****s who do now

Ah misread, touche!

Edited by G08