Jets 2023 General Talk

Mattmanz

21 hours ago, drew39k said:

I can get front row tickets to the jets v pats week 18 stinker for 350ish per ticket.

On one hand, I've never sat that close and the cost is not super insane. On the other....the jets stink and it will be New England in middle of winter.

Fwiw, they are endzone seats

No kidding. A buddy of mine has 3 season tickets to the Pats game that are 3 rows from the field. They are endzone too. They are by the open endzone one. Oh by the way Pats fans can be complete morons too. I do hope the Jets win this game and end that dumb losing streak, so next year we don't have to hear about it, 

Who believe we would have a WR problem, let's see what happen first Corey Davis retired early, both Mimis & E Moore failed, Lazard is just OK if he doesn't keep dropping passes. All we have left is G Wilson he is great, but he can't do it alone. We have played 37 straight offensive series without a TD. This WR problem is one of the main reasons we can't score TD's. What could have been this year with the entire AFL east up for grabs. Botton line we are THE SAME OLD JETS.

6 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Who believe we would have a WR problem, let's see what happen first Corey Davis retired early, both Mimis & E Moore failed, Lazard is just OK if he doesn't keep dropping passes. All we have left is G Wilson he is great, but he can't do it alone. We have played 37 straight offensive series without a TD. This WR problem is one of the main reasons we can't score TD's. What could have been this year with the entire AFL east up for grabs. Botton line we are THE SAME OLD JETS.

Reports are going crazy that the jets will make a trade for Adams this offseason, Raiders said no at trade deadline but with new people in he could be moved. 

27 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I looked at qb as UFA to replace Wilson next season.

Baker Mayfield

Jameis Winston

Tyrod Taylor

Joshua Dobbs

Jacoby Briskett

Kyle Allen

Ryan Tannehill

Not much of good choice but those qbs have at least guts.

I want a #2 Vet QB behind Rodgers with a mid-let round rookie in development behind both. Milton, Jefferson, or Uiagalelei type of prospect. 

44 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I looked at qb as UFA to replace Wilson next season.

Baker Mayfield

Jameis Winston

Tyrod Taylor

Joshua Dobbs

Jacoby Briskett

Kyle Allen

Ryan Tannehill

Not much of good choice but those qbs have at least guts.

I will say it again. Higher Ken Dorsey as QB coach and bring in Mayfield. The next one after that would be Dobbs followed by Winston after that no thank you. 

Who knows maybe Boyles tears it up. He has been in the league for 5 years and has some starts under his belt. Maybe he is the Kurt Warner, Josh Dobbs type late bloomer. 

Where do you start with this team? As much as I would like to blame the QB for everything that goes wrong with this team, it all begins at the top. 

1. Discipline, this is a team that lacks it, and if it lacks it, then it's on the coaches.

1.A This one has to sit at the feet of Joe Douglas, lack of talent on the team as a whole, 50-50 back FA sighings.

2.Lack of Talent, it is a sad commentary on the state of the WR room that the leading receiver against the Bills was B.Hall a RB.

3. O Line, this is perhaps the most glaring need of all, even the backups are terrible. This unit needs an entire overhaul top to bottom. We have perhaps one player drafted last year in Tippman who will find himself playing Center.

The remainder of the O line is suspect at best, AVT has missed 2 years back to back, Becton prior to this year missed back to back years, and lets hope he hasn't injured himself against the Bills. Becton is not a player to invest in, let's move on.

The WR room is dismal, outside of Wilson, who suddenly has the dropsies over the past few games, is pathetic. Lazard is a train wreck and couldn't catch a cold, everyone else, well that's the question, who else do they have?

The TE's are serviceable but Uzomah is terrible and has cost us at least one game.

Let's not forget the RB room, besides B.H., and Izzy who hasn't played all year and got into the Bill's game late. It is a major disappointment. B. Hall is struggling to get anything going because of the OL is so bad.

Now on to the QB room, there isn't a QB on the Jets that can lead them. Zach has all the good intentions, arm talent, but after 3 years struggles to recognize defensive alignments, and holds on to the ball too long. Granted his OL has sucked the past 3 years with injuries and less than desirable players.

Nevertheless, the Jets need to move on from Zach, no matter what Rodgers says, the same goes for Hackett, a terrible hire, same could be said for Lazard, or anyone else Rodgers said he would like. 

As badly as the Jets need an entire OL, they need a future QB and they need a serviceable backup to the starter, as of right now they have neither.

Saleh I like as a person, a motivator, but not as a coach, time to move on. While it is not his fault that the team has a terrible talent level with the exception of the D. He needs to be replaced by a real coach which we pass on year after year. 

Just look at Dallas and Tampa Bay could have had both, even Andy Reid was available at one time. 

Well, where do we start with this team?

1 hour ago, Big T said:

Just look at Dallas and Tampa Bay could have had both, even Andy Reid was available at one time. 

You want Mike McCarthy and Todd Bowles over Saleh?

Saleh needs to stay. Like Rex, he needs a capable OC for the offense, but it's nice when we have a defensive HC and he builds an elite defense because that's the whole point. Hell broke loose when AR went down and Hackett actually had to coach the offense, but I won't put that on Rob.

2 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Saleh needs to stay. Like Rex, he needs a capable OC for the offense, but it's nice when we have a defensive HC and he builds an elite defense because that's the whole point. Hell broke loose when AR went down and Hackett actually had to coach the offense, but I won't put that on Rob.

While I sort of agree with Saleh, we need to be on the lookout for an offensive guy. It would be easier to find a bright OC to run the offense while Saleh keeps the defense humming. But I don’t want to miss out on a better HC. 

2 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

My mistake the Jag's