Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

Just now, TitanSlim said:

Tell me the difference between Quinn and Rivera? The exact same things said and resume for Quinn is the exact as Rivera when he got hired in 2020. 

Quinn is younger. But players will run through walls for him. Especially early in the process. He just needs to get a solid OC who will stick with him long-term.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Quinn is younger. But players will run through walls for him. Especially early in the process. He just needs to get a solid OC who will stick with him long-term.

Honestly, that was what we were told about Ron... 

11 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I hear you but that’s the same stuff that was said about Rivera. And the solid longterm OC is going to be important for any defensive coach you hire. 

I’d take my chances on a Macdonald or Glenn, than go with a career .500 retread coach.

Edited by TitanSlim

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Honestly, that was what we were told about Ron... 

5 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I hear you but that’s the same stuff that was said about Rivera. And the solid longterm OC is going to be important for any defensive coach you hire. 

I’d take my chances on a Macdonald or Glenn, than go with a career .500 retread coach.

I mean, I get it. I'd rather go Macdonald or Glenn as well. But Quinn isn't a bad coach.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

I mean, I get it. I'd rather go Macdonald or Glenn as well. But Quinn isn't a bad coach.

I think a lot of us are sort of assuming it’s Quinn at this point. 

If that’s the case, what do you (or any Dallas fans, if they’re around) think will be his priorities in terms of defensive personnel for his scheme? 

Obviously, we have the two DTs, with Allen being more of a traditional 3T and Payne being a bit more of a tweener (on the side of 1T). 

We have almost nothing at DE. Jamin Davis is the only LB worth talking about, bit of a Patrick Queen type (great athlete, solid player, not exactly a true MIKE). 

Then at CB, we’ve got Forbes, very undersized zone-heavy type who was a ballhawk in college. And we’ve got St.-Juste, lots of height and length, good athlete, very handsy. With them in the secondary, we should bring back Darrick Forrest, who to me is a split field safety with a pretty well-rounded skillset. 

In terms of FA, the big ones are Kendall Fuller and Kam Curl. Fuller is a good player, but he’s getting older. And Curl is a personal favorite of mine, very heady, very well-rounded, very reliable tackler. Both of them seem to be getting FA projections north of $10M AAV.

Just kinda curious to know who you think fits well with Quinn, who might be an odd man out, and what spots you’d expect him to prioritize and quickly target.

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

I think a lot of us are sort of assuming it’s Quinn at this point. 

If that’s the case, what do you (or any Dallas fans, if they’re around) think will be his priorities in terms of defensive personnel for his scheme? 

Obviously, we have the two DTs, with Allen being more of a traditional 3T and Payne being a bit more of a tweener (on the side of 1T). 

We have almost nothing at DE. Jamin Davis is the only LB worth talking about, bit of a Patrick Queen type (great athlete, solid player, not exactly a true MIKE). 

Then at CB, we’ve got Forbes, very undersized zone-heavy type who was a ballhawk in college. And we’ve got St.-Juste, lots of height and length, good athlete, very handsy. With them in the secondary, we should bring back Darrick Forrest, who to me is a split field safety with a pretty well-rounded skillset. 

In terms of FA, the big ones are Kendall Fuller and Kam Curl. Fuller is a good player, but he’s getting older. And Curl is a personal favorite of mine, very heady, very well-rounded, very reliable tackler. Both of them seem to be getting FA projections north of $10M AAV.

Just kinda curious to know who you think fits well with Quinn, who might be an odd man out, and what spots you’d expect him to prioritize and quickly target.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you. But I'd say look at the Dallas Defense for at least some example of what to look for.