Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

icegif-1662.gif

Harbs is going to scoop him up and fluff his title to make it a non-lateral move.

I'd be worried about this if we Macdonald didn't already go from the Ravens to Michigan and then back again lol

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

51 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Whatever happens, stay the hell away from Mike Macdonald.

He should be gone, but with defensive playcallers I think that they are working at a disadvantage for a head coaching gig and honestly, I'd be curious to see if he's a little bit of collateral damage from Brandon Staley's tenure. Its stupid for that to be the case, but with the nfl you just never know. Defensive wunderkind, young, etc etc. 

1 minute ago, August4th said:

MacDonald would be the top pick for the Rooney's if they moved on from mike. They would see the next Cowher/Tomlin 

I'd be shocked if Tomlin gets fired.

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

gif.gif

Fortunately for us, I doubt he gets hired as a HC. Think there's other defensive-minded coaches that teams would be more interested in (MacDonald, Anarumo, Flores, etc.)

2 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Didn't read every post, but was pretty happy to not see Dan Quinn's name mentioned 2+ pages in.

Yep, NFL GMs base their hiring decisions on what the good people at Football's Future are suggesting. Quinn is really sneaking under the radar.

• Like 2

Here’s a question I always think about around this time….

Which HC that are being fired will be the top commodity as a coordinator next year.

McDaniels likely ends up somewhere with Belichick. Staley to Minnesota if Flores leaves? Will anyone want to ruin their offense with Arthur Smith as OC? Or maybe Dennis Allen back as “top DC” somewhere?