Joe Barry HAS Been Fired, Who Do You Want Next?

Brit Pack

Just now, packfanfb said:

Gotta think Chris Harris is on the list again. I think he was close to being the guy last time.

i'm sure he's on the short list along w/ Evero.

Lot of interesting names out there for sure and MLF should have his pick of the bunch. I'm feeling really good about it.

I've said all along that MLF had zero pressure to make a change, but he did, so he has someone(s) in mind he's excited about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Very important hire coming up for MLF.  With this up and coming offense, his DC could be the difference between Super Bowl(s) and status quo.

Make it count.

Exactly this. Big moment in LaFleur's tenure as HC here IMO. It's also a good time to make the switch because you'd think with how this season played out, GB would be a pretty desirable destination for an up and coming assistant wanting to make a name for themselves. Youngest team in the league coming off an impressive playoff showing, have one of the better playcallers in the league with the youngest offense that already showed a lot of promise in yr1. Good spot for a guy to jumpstart their potential rise to becoming a HC by getting this defense right which would lead to even more team success and more exposure etc.

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

why? he's interviewing elsewhere already

I think he's getting HC interviews and DC interviews.  Can't imagine he will leave unless he gets a HC job.  Raiders don't want to lose him, and it wouldn't make sense to leave there for a lateral move.

• Like 1

I would say I’m a big no on Jerry Gray. I know he was just a position coach coaching in someone else’s defense but I don’t see an appreciable difference in the secondary after he left. If fact, you could say with what the coaches did overachieving with Valentine and Ballentine, the secondary was actually more impressive after he left. 

Edited by Isherwood
  • Like 2

Just now, thrILL! said:

Wink or bust. 

I like Wink .. top two or three for me.  Only hesitation is that he's left his last two gigs with some in-house issues with the head coach.  Matt is kind of into collaborative coaching.  I know LaFleur thinks very highly of him, but not sure on the personality fit.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Most interesting to me will be in Leonhard gets an interview, if he doesn't shows you can burn a bridge with LaFleur.

This article seemed like a good breakdown of Leonhard. I'm more sold on him after reading it

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/jim-leonhards-defense-is-the-dream-fit-for-the-philadelphia-eagles/

• Like 2

Trying to consolidate a list here of candidates.

Bill Bellicheat

Mike Vrabel

Jimmy Leonhard

Wink Martindale

Someone copy pasta and add names.

Whom can we steal off the 49ers to simultaneously hurt them?

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

Trying to consolidate a list here of candidates.

Bill Bellicheat

Mike Vrabel

Jimmy Leonhard

Wink Martindale

Someone copy pasta and add names.

Whom can we steal off the 49ers to simultaneously hurt them?

I think these are probably the 4 most unlikely names among the top 10 or so that commonly pop up. Each for their own reason.

• Like 1