Joe Barry HAS Been Fired, Who Do You Want Next?

Brit Pack

35 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Yup, Capers would have been considered a retread by many. Give me the experienced guy who can let MLF focus on offense.

What does that mean? Ya, not all of them work. Just like all new coaches don’t work. 

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Mmm. Savages missed tackle for the long McCaffrey td is my play. 

Carry on. Haha

Perhaps it was Savage.  I have both slept and drank since then.  Just saying, the tackle is there to be made, the DC can't do it for him.  

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

I'm prepared to be underwhelmed whoever it is

I know you are heart broken my friend .. Barry was a good man who just never could get the defense into the top half of the league consistently.  Time heals .. MLF will win you over with his next D coordinator. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

There doesn't appear to be a line out the door to hire Jim Leonhard.   There's probably a reason for that???

Just sayin.

I was in on Leonhard, but the whole Rex Ryan defense tree hasn’t been a thing since he’s been out and it’s been so long I don’t even remember what kind of defense they ran or if Leonhard even kept that same mentality.

6 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

There doesn't appear to be a line out the door to hire Jim Leonhard.   There's probably a reason for that???

Just sayin.

It's the Wisconsin narrative driving Leonhard imo. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

I know you are heart broken my friend .. Barry was a good man who just never could get the defense into the top half of the league consistently.  Time heals .. MLF will win you over with his next D coordinator. 

Barry and me, me and Barry. No more! It will take time for me to get over this but at least we had London together, no one can take that away from us. I will miss that sweet face. Game days will never be the same again!!!!

image.png

• Like 1

Just now, spilltray said:

I was pretty worried this wasn't going to happen. 

I hope they don't stay in house. I really think they need a whole different philosophy on defense.

Culture change for the win.

Bring someone in who doesn’t sit down to pee.

11 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Just sayin.

Maybe he can be a secondary coach in GB ;)

In seriousness though, I thought I read Deon was trying to bring him to Colorado recently?

I don't know much at all about the DC candidates out there.

In terms of names I kind of know...

Zimmer appeals to me because he's old man tough.  I'm not sure if the game has passed him by, though.

Vrabel appeals to me if he doesn't get a HC job.  Not sure he'd work under LaFleur.  Seems like their defense is typically tough, too.  And he seems to develop ILB's.  (As a general statement)

Staley.  Only know him because of ties to MLF.  Awful head coach.

Evro.  I only know about him because of this board.  I'm underwhelmed by his defense in Carolina.

I want Todd Bowles.  Too bad he keeps winning too much to get fired as HC.  Just a good man who seems to get a lot out of his players.  Mucho respect.

Leonhard.  Like most, I think he's bumped up here because he's a Wisconsin kid.  Also?  I get the feeling like he LOVES college football.

I'm just going to sit back and trust the process knowing that Barry is no longer DC.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brit Pack said:

Barry and me, me and Barry. No more! It will take time for me to get over this but at least we had London together, no one can take that away from us. I will miss that sweet face. Game days will never be the same again!!!!

image.png

Isn't there a shot GB comes to London again next year? There are many DCs in the sea my friend, maybe you can find another on the next London trip.