Coach of the year

Steelersfan43

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I banged the drum for most of the year that Stefanski was going to be possibly win it....then I thought Ryans stole it at the end. 

Turns out, he didn't. 

Keep in mind it’s a regular season vote. Saying that Stefanski is definitely deserving. But count postseason I’d say Ryans should have won it. 

But rewards aside, I was really impressed with the growth that Stefanski showed this year. As much as I don’t want to jinx it I think we finally have a winner in Kevin. 

2 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Keep in mind it’s a regular season vote. Saying that Stefanski is definitely deserving. But count postseason I’d say Ryans should have won it. 

But rewards aside, I was really impressed with the growth that Stefanski showed this year. As much as I don’t want to jinx it I think we finally have a winner in Kevin. 

I thought Ryans took it from him with that game against Indy. The coverage and talk around Ryans was pretty live then and the vote was going to happen in the next couple of days after, so I thought it was going to be fresh in their mind. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I thought Ryans took it from him with that game against Indy. The coverage and talk around Ryans was pretty live then and the vote was going to happen in the next couple of days after, so I thought it was going to be fresh in their mind. 

Nah. Stefanski won it in the regular season…

Post season head to head well that’s a different discussion 👀

for the record I was 100% joking, but it's kind of an interesting thought experiment

With Bill and Pete out of a job, Reid, McVay, Shanahan are all clearly ahead imo (3)

Then boomers like me will take Tomlin and Harbaugh and maybe Sean Payton. (6)

I think some might take McDaniel, McCarthy, MLF, Pederson in next tier? Kinda subjective at this point. (10)

----------

With 2 COTYs and recency bias, I think Stefanski top 10 coach might be a legit discussion?

Maybe I'm missing some obvious guys off the top of my head.

edit - FWIW I thought about Ryans and Campbell but they lost cotys they were in the running for recently TO stefanski so feels like im supposed to put him ahead

dbl edit - forgot zac taylor + mcdermott who I think some might flip in for Pederson

Edited by Soggust

7 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

When he has a qb who fits his system like Flacco does he is. 

Ya know, some might argue that even Kyle Shanahan struggles when he doesn't have a QB that fits his system.

https://x.com/robmaaddi/status/1755786910142976151?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

Ryans lost this because of the number of 1st place votes. Some of these single 3rd place votes - I want to know who the left off the ballot. 

I’ve always had this opinion on this that this is how you should do these votes to keep the “my guy” vote out. They run one round - tally - get to the final 5. Then re-issue the votes where you can only vote for those final 5. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, warfelg said:

https://x.com/robmaaddi/status/1755786910142976151?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

Ryans lost this because of the number of 1st place votes. Some of these single 3rd place votes - I want to know who the left off the ballot. 

I’ve always had this opinion on this that this is how you should do these votes to keep the “my guy” vote out. They run one round - tally - get to the final 5. Then re-issue the votes where you can only vote for those final 5. 

Honestly, I'm sort of glad it played out like this; Enough of a margin to ask questions, but still a position that highlights a winner and a... Hmm, non-winner?

This will be debated, this will be argued and there are people who will be in their feelings on this. The two people that'll probably be the MOST upset by this?

These two. And I *WANT* them with a chip on their shoulder going into next season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Honestly, I'm sort of glad it played out like this; Enough of a margin to ask questions, but still a position that highlights a winner and a... Hmm, non-winner?

This will be debated, this will be argued and there are people who will be in their feelings on this. The two people that'll probably be the MOST upset by this?

These two. And I *WANT* them with a chip on their shoulder going into next season.

I just kinda find irony that they go away from local writer voters to National guys to avoid voter bias and “my guy votes”, but ever since that happened we’ve had more controversial results than ever. 

I’ve felt for all these awards for a while there needs to be a two tier setup. Identify who’s worthy (top 3-5), then recite only from that pool. Points from both rounds matter. 

• Like 1