General discussion thread.

hornbybrown

17 minutes ago, bruceb said:

PO'd that Flip moved somewhere other than here.

Talked with my only friend who is a PITT fan today.

He was not exactly high on Haley.

No Pitt fans were. He was roundly despised. I'm still trying to figure out how much was legit and how much was just pent up frustration.

The one criticism that seems totally true is that he doesn't change gameplans according to the opponent, he just does the same thing every week.

Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

No Pitt fans were. He was roundly despised. I'm still trying to figure out how much was legit and how much was just pent up frustration.

The one criticism that seems totally true is that he doesn't change gameplans according to the opponent, he just does the same thing every week.

This pretty much is what my friend said.

And that he did Hueball-like things like call pass plays in critical 3 and 1 situations.

That, according to my friend, was the deal-buster with the 240+ Big Ben who reportedly said that Haley didn't have a QB-sneak in his scheme.

2 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x180209/2018-nfl-bold-offseason-predictions-all-32-teams

Pat McManamon's "Bold Prediction" is that we DON'T sign Kirk Cousins. Glad to see our local big-company media continuing to show how impressive and risk-taking they are.

Cleveland sports media, in particular the ones who cover the Browns are horrendous 

7 hours ago, bruceb said:

And that he did Hueball-like things like call pass plays in critical 3 and 1 situations.

That, according to my friend, was the deal-buster with the 240+ Big Ben who reportedly said that Haley didn't have a QB-sneak in his scheme.

Yeah, Ben didn’t have the ability to check to a sneak, which is pretty absurd imo.

A guy with Ben’s resume should be able to make any adjustments he sees fit in the moment.

On 2/10/2018 at 6:03 PM, bruceb said:

Apparently that came from ownership. 

If Kizer plays we are potentially taking away his best play if he can't sneak or run. 

Archived