General discussion thread.

hornbybrown

19 hours ago, bruceb said:

Being franchised three consecutive years probably will have made Cousins as much or more money that if he had signed a 5-year deal 3 years ago.

Very true, but he took a big risk in doing it! If he got hurt, he could have ended up with peanuts.

3 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Very true, but he took a big risk in doing it! If he got hurt, he could have ended up with peanuts.

Yeah lucky for him he never sustained a shoulder injury or a knee injury on his plant leg. Some players might like the idea of that single season pay day but you know they would love that security of the long term contract with the guaranteed money

13 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yeah lucky for him he never sustained a shoulder injury or a knee injury on his plant leg. Some players might like the idea of that single season pay day but you know they would love that security of the long term contract with the guaranteed money

I’d like to think a single year of earnings on a franchise tag for a QB would be more than enough to provide financial security.

2 hours ago, mistakey said:

also semi-related, john dorsey already signed him once

I would love to trade for Foles

I dont think it'll happen with Wentz's injury, but I also read they like Nate Sudfeld and could be willing to gain some picks. 

Trade Eagles back their 2nd and a 4th 

10 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I would love to trade for Foles

I dont think it'll happen with Wentz's injury, but I also read they like Nate Sudfeld and could be willing to gain some picks. 

Trade Eagles back their 2nd and a 4th 

Hell naw lol

That’s what folks were suggesting for Alex Smith, now we’re offering it up for Foles?

Dont be a victim of the moment.

I was thinking a 3rd maybe for foles. Not right now though that’s ridiculous. I’ll take my chances going after Cousins, McCarron,Taylor, or Bradford. I wish we could bring back josh McCown to be our third QB. And John defillipo lol tbh the one thing that win by the eagles last night showed me was scheme matters, coaching matters, and overall team talent wins championships. You really don’t need a great QB. I mean that helps but you don’t necessarily need it. You just need a capable game managing QB. You don’t need a great RB you need a stable of running backs. 

10 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I wouldn’t mind signing Blount to a 1-2 year contract if possible. He’s older but still reliable as hell. 

He strikes me as a guy who is a 'only when motivated' type.

Personally, I just watched Saquon Barkley highlights on Youtube again.....holy hell man. If we get that guy at #4 waaaaatch out.

Archived