Week 11 GDT: Raiders (5-5) @ Dolphins (6-3) - Who's hungry for sashimi?

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaiiiiiiddddddeeeeerrrrrsssssss
    • Ray Finkle's Team
    • I just hope everyone has fun

I think this is one of those games where you can't be too mad. A couple of things stand out to me:

-Pierce has this team fighting regardless of who the team plays and what happens throughout the game

-I caught onto it during the Lions game, but the defense is for real. I don't think they moved the ball up and down the field the way they did early on if Robertson played. The crazy part is I think they can get better. Once Jack Jones learns the playbook.

-O'Connell had some bad misses today, but I actually still want to see how the rest of the week plays out in terms of him. A key reminder is that Kolton Miller didn't play today. I also wasn't a big offensively. it was one of those things where we kind of just played small ball. Not realizing the only time we scored was when we push the ball down the field. And then, when we did decide to throw the ball, it was because it was in one dimensional situation. And it was also very predictable when we did decide to run. 

All in all, I didn't expect the Raiders to win this game today, but I was more focused on how they lost. I came away, encouraged due to the fact that it was within one score. I could see them splitting with the Chiefs. But I could also see them losing to a team like the Vikings or Colts randomly, which would still keep us out of playoff contention. But there was nothing today that made me think to myself. Maybe Antonio Pierce shouldn't be the head coach. With that being said, I still want to see how the rest of the season goes in terms of their ability to win big games.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Idgaf we have a defense fellas 

Honestly, it was right and proper to hold fire on judgement after we played the two NY teams as truthfully their offences are bad, however, we've just played a very, very good offence and the D held up their end of the bargain. It genuinely does look like a solid unit. We add a legitimate DT and CB and we could be in business I think.

1 minute ago, riceman80 said:

14 carries for Josh(16 as a team) to 41 attempts for AOC is 100% on the coaches and a recipe that's asking to fail.

Exactly. We played a brand offense all day that favors the dolphins. It will be over soon and we will see if next regime can bring us into relevance. I just hope we move on from AP 

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

Moral victory. I really thought the Miami offense would run roughshod over the Raiders' defense today. Aidan O'Connell looked like a quality backup hitting a wall today, and that's okay.

Beautifully summed up................that's exactly what it looked like.

• Like 1