Quantifying Our Quarterback Quandary...

vike daddy

1 hour ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Hasn't he demonstrated that he's just really immature?

I haven't really followed the story, just the rumblings

Which is why he needs to sit and learn behind a guy like Cousins for a couple of years. See how a true pro does it. Like I said, I'd take him in GB for a 6th round pick.

5 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

KAM is going to be looking for what can he do to help himself get an extension next off season, and that is going to be attaching himself to Cousins for the coming year. I am thinking 3-year $45M per + 2 void years for Cousins and attempting to run it back with Hunter and Co

there is no way that's the price tag. They didn't clear the books to put themselves back in a bad cap situation immediately after. Everything this front office/coaching staff has done has been done in an effort to be as flexible as possible. Setting the Vikings up to be able to sustain winning will get him an extension, not going all in and jeopardizing the future. I find it highly unlikely that there's an entire philosophy shift in order to bring back one 36 year old top 10ish QB coming off of an achilles tear. Far more likely that Kirk sees this as his last opportunity to win and settles on a more team friendly deal than Kwesi paying Kirk for 5 more years.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

KAM is going to be looking for what can he do to help himself get an extension next off season, and that is going to be attaching himself to Cousins for the coming year. I am thinking 3-year $45M per + 2 void years for Cousins and attempting to run it back with Hunter and Co

There is absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing, about the Vikings' moves over the last two offseasons that lend any credence whatsoever to this take. 

• Like 2