Quantifying Our Quarterback Quandary...

vike daddy

20 minutes ago, Sir Fobos said:

1. People keep kicking this dead horse, specifically in the context of trading up for a QB, and in numerous threads.

2. It's a ludicrous idea to begin with, and the reasons have been well articulated by people who know football.

Just let it die already.

true, we shouldn't throw things out on a discussion board. good point.

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Is there anything that Jaren Hall can do over the next two weeks to head into the offseason with him as the long term plan? IE, not re-signing Cousins/not using a day 1 or day 2 pick on a QB in the draft. 

he could play two great games, but that's not really a large enough body of work to bet the entire future on.

now, two great games and then two or more great playoff wins could make the decision difficult. lol

According to BetOnline.ag, the Vikings are the odds-on favorite to land Russell Wilson when the time comes, likely in two to three months. These are the living betting odds for Wilson’s services:

Minnesota Vikings: 5/1
New England Patriots: 6/1
Washington Commanders: 7/1
Las Vegas Raiders: 7/1
Chicago Bears: 8/1
Atlanta Falcons: 8/1
New York Giants: 8/1
Pittsburgh Steelers: 8/1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 10/1
Arizona Cardinals: 10/1
New Orleans Saints: 11/1
Seattle Seahawks: 33/1

One item is certain: Wilson’s next team can sign him for cheap in a few months because his Denver payday is ongoing. In fact, for some team, he’d be the perfect patch over quarterback to a rookie.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/top_news/land-russell?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

just throwing it out there for discussion...

23 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Is there anything that Jaren Hall can do over the next two weeks to head into the offseason with him as the long term plan? IE, not re-signing Cousins/not using a day 1 or day 2 pick on a QB in the draft. 

Deep playoff run. Super Bowl win. In two weeks, no. Otherwise, I think it’s safe to assume that Cousins returns.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

According to BetOnline.ag, the Vikings are the odds-on favorite to land Russell Wilson when the time comes, likely in two to three months. These are the living betting odds for Wilson’s services:

One item is certain: Wilson’s next team can sign him for cheap in a few months because his Denver payday is ongoing. In fact, for some team, he’d be the perfect patch over quarterback to a rookie.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/top_news/land-russell?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

The odds won't be that high in a few days.  He'll end up on either the Raiders or the Falcons, book it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

A couple weeks ago I predicted, we’d finally start Jaren Hall when Vikings were out of a playoff spot, and he’d look decently okay, and might “hurt our draft positioning” with adequate good managing play, everything might be falling into place…..

42 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

I just don’t see the sense in signing Wilson from the Vikings perspective. If you’re going to sign a 36 year old veteran, it’s far more sensible to re-sign Cousins. Who’s better at this point, anyways. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

That would be unlikely, I'd think. They didn't even like him enough to start him last week. It's hard to see how 2 games would completely change their minds. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

A couple weeks ago I predicted, we’d finally start Jaren Hall when Vikings were out of a playoff spot, and he’d look decently okay, and might “hurt our draft positioning” with adequate good managing play, everything might be falling into place…..

Ya, on another board I frequent it was suggested to keep playing Mullens so they keep losing at this point. I mean, if Hall doesn't turn the ball over, they win this week, right?

49 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

At the very least, it could present the Vikings with some leverage in the Cousins’ negotiations. I wouldn’t hate Wilson here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Win the Superbowl.

That's pretty much the only thing he can do that would stop me from resigning Cousins or drafting a day 1 QB

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I just don’t see the sense in signing Wilson from the Vikings perspective. If you’re going to sign a 36 year old veteran, it’s far more sensible to re-sign Cousins. Who’s better at this point, anyways. 

it won't only be to save cost, signing Wilson that is.

i think it's preposterous too, but just throwing it out there.