Week #11 General ๐Ÿˆ Discussion

RaidersAreOne

23 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

what, you saying Daunte Culpepper was bad?

ย 

He was comparing Allen to Culpepper right?ย 

Culpepper wasn't bad at all for the handful of years he had potential. 2000, 2003, and 2004 where he looked like an MVP. Allen's legacy has already surpassed Culpepper's though (even if Allen has a downward spiral like Culpepper did in 2005). If he's talking skillset, sure. I can see the comparisons. Even down the turnovers (Culpepper fumbled a lot).ย 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

He's got the Packers in 4 days, all will be right. Especially without Aaron Jones now.

Jones hasn't been all that hot this year.ย  For some reason he isn't breaking tackles and his hands are now made of stone.ย  Donno how long he'll be out.

When teams as bad as the Bears and Giants can get UDFA rookie QB's to play better than Zach Wilson has ever looked at any point in his career, I'm not sure what excuse either the Jets FO or coaching staff has.ย 

You obviously expect that the offense would take a big hit with Rodgers going down but it was a conscious decision on the part of the Jets brass to allow things to get as bad as it has become. The contrast with the Vikings grabbing Dobbs within 36 hours of Cousins going down could not be more stark -- you can accept that the Jets had some very bad luck to start this season, but they made exactly zero effort to try to improve the situation from there.ย 

With their defense this is probably a playoff team if they sign Carson Wentz the day after Rodgers goes on IR, not because he's a good QB, but because he's a normal kind of bad QB who can eek out wins with a good running game and defense. I just truly cannot fathom their devotion to someone as clearly overmatched as ZW.ย 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, jrry32 said:

No! Let him stay! He doesn't seem to realize that you can't hurt us when we've already given up on the season. (Except stl4life, he probably believes we can still win the Super Bowl.)

ย 

What Seahawks fans clearly didn't realize though is that we've already played the Niners, Eagles and Cowboys while they got the Giants, Commander and Panthers. They are losing at least 3 of their next 4 and my money is on all 4. They aren't a good team - just had a favorable schedule to start.

I wonder if the decision to play/bench Wilson etc is coming from FO/Ownership. The below quote from a couple of weeks ago was a pretty strange response to a standard question

"I don't know," Saleh said shakily when Michael Kay asked him why he wouldn't bench Wilson. "You got โ€” it's something I'm gonna plead the fifth on all this one. โ€ฆ They're valid questions, and I know from fans who are passionate all having the same question, I respect it greatly. But I've got to look at it from a global standpoint, and just see where we are, and look at the all-22 the best I can, and make the decision best as possible."

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/new-york-jets-robert-saleh-has-no-answer-for-questions-about-benching-zach-wilson

14 hours ago, Pugger said:

And the Lions still found a way to get the W.ย  Does that say more about Chicago or Detroit?

A little of both.
ย 

Chicago only getting a single FG out of 3 Goff INTs speaks horribly about their offense. Their defense came up big and their offense let them down.ย 
ย 

Detroit overcoming 4 turnovers and 4 first down from penalties for the Bears is something they never would have been able to do previously. Both sides of the ball came together, composed, and came up with big plays. Detroit is usually the team on the other end of this kind of game and are told โ€œgood teams find ways to winโ€.ย