Joe Flacco signed to Browns practice squad - starting vs Rams Dec 3rd

notthatbluestuff

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Mainly because he would fit the system better that's already in place with mobility. Also, I've watched Flacco and the dude has been washed for half a decade to the point where I'm surprised he didn't retire during Covid

But we have already run the RG3 experience in Cleveland, he was horrible and not surprisingly got hurt, and he hasn't played since 2020, I get that Flacco is immobile but at this point in time were just bringing someone in as a veteran presence, at least if he has to come in i trust him to be able to throw the ball with protection

10 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

But we have already run the RG3 experience in Cleveland, he was horrible and not surprisingly got hurt, and he hasn't played since 2020, I get that Flacco is immobile but at this point in time were just bringing someone in as a veteran presence, at least if he has to come in i trust him to be able to throw the ball with protection

He was the only QB to win a game during the first two years of the Hue Jackson era iirc.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 9:45 AM, ronjon1990 said:

In all seriousness, what's the deal with signing XFL/USFL guys at this point? Anyone know of any contractual issues there? 

I mean... QB2 for Cleveland was the XFL MVP in 2020. Cleveland is bringing in someone to make sure he stays QB2.

(In all seriousness, I'm surprised nobody calls AJ McCarron to gauge his interest. I'd bet he'd resurrect his NFL career with Cleveland...)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I mean... QB2 for Cleveland was the XFL MVP in 2020. Cleveland is bringing in someone to make sure he stays QB2.

(In all seriousness, I'm surprised nobody calls AJ McCarron to gauge his interest. I'd bet he'd resurrect his NFL career with Cleveland...)

Or in all seriousness, Colt McCoy who could have his full circle moment. If my memory is correct he turned his career into a really solid backup capable of spot starting in Arizona/Washinton

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

@wackywabbit..... @Ray Reed

Now you get just a small taste (VERY SMALL) as to why those of us who are "boomer" Browns fans absolutely loathe your Ravens.  😀

This is a single player.  You got our entire franchise.   🤷‍♂️

Gotta be the same way that old farts like me that were Baltimore Colts fans until the early 80's can't stand Indianapolis.  

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 1