Should team owners be allowed to have access to players?

Championshiporbust

The Shanahans and quarterbacks coach Matt LaFleur would BAR owner Dan Snyder from talking, even being near to RGIII....................that would never fly with Jerry Jones and Troy Aikman, Tony Romo and Dak Prescott...same thing with Robert Kraft and Tom Brady and Mac Jones, or even Georgia Frontiere and Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk...

Should owners have access to players or is it a distraction? 

2 hours ago, Championshiporbust said:

The Shanahans and quarterbacks coach Matt LaFleur would BAR owner Dan Snyder from talking, even being near to RGIII....................that would never fly with Jerry Jones and Troy Aikman, Tony Romo and Dak Prescott...same thing with Robert Kraft and Tom Brady and Mac Jones, or even Georgia Frontiere and Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk...

Should owners have access to players or is it a distraction? 

Uh, Dan Snyder and RGIII were like best buds. The Shanahan were not able to prevent him from hanging with the owner. 

If owners weren’t allowed to speak to players, the Raiders might still be stuck with that idiot McDaniels. It sounds like the meetings with the high profile players (past and present) is the straw that broke the camel’s back for Davis.

With that in mind - 100% yes, owners should be allowed access to players.

29 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

If owners weren’t allowed to speak to players, the Raiders might still be stuck with that idiot McDaniels. It sounds like the meetings with the high profile players (past and present) is the straw that broke the camel’s back for Davis.

With that in mind - 100% yes, owners should be allowed access to players.

Mark Davis has big time favorite players that he hangs out with. (Rest in peace) Cliff Branch was his best friend. Marcel Reece you'd catch at Hooters in Dublin weekly with Mark having wings back in the Oakland days. He always is pro-player and when he connects he connects deeply. I dunno if it's a different dynamic than any other owner, but I think it is. I expect whoever is our HC in 2024 is going to be very popular with players as JMD essentially punted the Carr relationship and any relationship that wasn't his "guys" who were pre-bought in with his way.

Yes, but I think the best owners try to be as hands off as possible. 

A future HoF player that spends a career somewhere is probably going to be a favorite of the owner- but guys like that are typically well above getting distracted. 

I know if I were a HC, I'd probably request the owner refrain from being around during the season unless there to celebrate the team reaching some sort of milestone. Offseason, they wanna go play golf with the QB? Go for it. But please let me do my job during the season. 

And, really, I think most of the owners would be cool with that. 

I’m with you, OP. 

That example makes me think of others, at other positions. McNabb and TO, for instance, had their disagreements. Ultimately, it’s widely believed that the locker room got fractured as a result. I’m starting to think wide receivers shouldn’t be allowed to talk to their QBs, too.