The 2023-2024 College Football Bowl Thread

MikeT14

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

No more a factor than it was for Tannehill, Palmer, Manning, Burrow.....

Meaning barely a factor at all. 

Palmer, Manning, and Burrow were much better prospects. Tannehill I suspect would not get picked as highly today as he did then. Teams have become a lot more discriminating when picking QBs.

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

Palmer, Manning, and Burrow were much better prospects. Tannehill I suspect would not get picked as highly today as he did then. Teams have become a lot more discriminating when picking QBs.

So discriminating they've made Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Dwayne Haskins, Mitch Trubisky, Josh Rosen, Jordan Love. and Trey Lance first round picks over the last few years.....

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

So discriminating they've made Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Dwayne Haskins, Mitch Trubisky, Josh Rosen, Jordan Love. and Trey Lance first round picks over the last few years.....

Were any of these guys 24 when they were drafted?

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

I thought Penix was 24. I still don't know why you posted those players. I am not sure what they have in common.

He turns 24 like a couple weeks after the Draft.

Just now, Rich7sena said:

I thought Penix was 24. I still don't know why you posted those players. I am not sure what they have in common.

Any hardcore discriminating eye would've noticed they weren't good. 

And no, Penix isn't. He won't be 24 until after the draft.  Maybe make sure the facts are straight before taking a stance? Just a suggestion. 

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Any hardcore discriminating eye would've noticed they weren't good. 

And no, Penix isn't. He won't be 24 until after the draft.  Maybe make sure the facts are straight before taking a stance? Just a suggestion. 

He'll be 24 before week 1. I think all those guys you listed were reasonable first-round picks (except maybe Pickett and Haskins). Sometimes they don't work out, especially at quarterback.

Edited by Rich7sena

Just now, Rich7sena said:

He'll be 24 before week 1. I think all those guys you listed were reasonable first-round picks. Sometimes they don't work out, especially at quarterback.

Meh you also think Justin Fields is worth a 2nd. Guess we'll agree to disagree.