The 2023-2024 College Football Bowl Thread

MikeT14

8 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I think the logic is once a player hits 30, they will be outside their physical peak. So, if you have a player mentally (i.e. NFL developed) developed at 23, he will be at his physical peak for another 7 years rather than another 4 years. It probably doesn't matter as much at QB since it's less of a physically demanding position.

I get that for WR, RB, CB, edge, etc.

QB age drop off is more early/ mid 30's.  Mental acuity more important than physical

8 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

We honestly only have like 4 or 5 needs total in the draft.   We honestly don't have holes at OL either i just want upgrades there at some point in the next few years.   Our OL is routinely considered top 10 in the nfl the last few seasons and arthur smith is great at finding and building o-lineman.   Jake Matthews and Chris Lindstrom are great at their positions.  Our rookie LG  Matthew Bergeron has been way better than expected this year and is already looking like a steal.   C in drew Dalman and RT kaleb Mcgary are acceptable but i want better than both.  Both are elite run blockers though like top 3 to 5 at their position but meh pass protectors at best.

As for actual needs for us here they are in order from most to least

1. QB
2. Edge Rusher
3. #2/3 WR

Thats it for actual real have to have for starters needs

4. SS
5. C
6. RT

Those 3 are needs that i would like to upgrade but are serviceable.

Plus we have like 40 to 50 mil in cap space to get guys in FA to add or upgrade positions.

Penix R1

Fill other needs in later rounds with a developmental OT in the 3-5 range.

Fixing QB matters too much to bypass a potential answer 

Just now, squire12 said:

Medicals will be more important than age most likely 

I would be surprised if his knees are actually in bad shape since ACLs are like cakewalks now for orthopedic surgeons. And, he seems to move pretty well. I think NFL teams do care about age, though. The reason it gets brought up is because draft media talks about it and the only reason they talk about it is because scouts talk about and the only reason scouts talk about it is because their bosses talk about it.