The 2023-2024 College Football Bowl Thread

MikeT14

Just now, jrry32 said:

I go for two here if I'm Texas.

If they go for two and make it, it's a one-score game if Washington kicks a FG (37-29). If they don't get the 2PC, it's 34-27, still a one-TD game. Not the smartest move by Sarkisian.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Also i haven't seen or paid much attention to michigans DT Mason Graham.  Is he always this disruptive and for his size he looks really fast.

Yep, dude is a stud. 

Just now, Rich7sena said:

I would be surprised if his knees are actually in bad shape since ACLs are like cakewalks now for orthopedic surgeons. And, he seems to move pretty well. I think NFL teams do care about age, though. The reason it gets brought up is because draft media talks about it and the only reason they talk about it is because scouts talk about and the only reason scouts talk about it is because their bosses talk about it.

I think its talked about for most positions.  Not sure as much with QB

10 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I would be surprised if his knees are actually in bad shape since ACLs are like cakewalks now for orthopedic surgeons. And, he seems to move pretty well. I think NFL teams do care about age, though. The reason it gets brought up is because draft media talks about it and the only reason they talk about it is because scouts talk about and the only reason scouts talk about it is because their bosses talk about it.

You're acting like he's 27 years old. 

You just made the argument for development + 7 years. Penix would be 6 years from his physical peak of 30 and probably easier to mentally develop than some 20 yearbold with limited experience 2 years or so removed from their senior prom. 

Dude is going to be younger than Ryan Tannehill and a few months older than Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, and Joe Burrow were on Draft Day. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

You're acting like he's 27 years old. 

You just made the argument for development + 7 years. Penix would be 6 years from his physical peak of 30 and probably easier to mentally develop than some 20 yearbold with limited experience 2 years or so removed from their senior prom. 

All I'm saying is that his age will be a factor for NFL teams.

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If they go for two and make it, it's a one-score game if Washington kicks a FG (37-29). If they don't get the 2PC, it's 34-27, still a one-TD game. Not the smartest move by Sarkisian.

If Washington settles for a FG, I will have been proven right.

EDIT: And there it is. Washington is settling for a FG.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 2

Sark is such a duntz. He should've went for 2 on the last score, don't get it you're down 7, get it and you would've been down 5 with a chance to tie it if you could hold them to 3. Kicking the extra point legitimately did nothing.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Sark is such a duntz. He should've went for 2 on the last score, don't get it you're down 7, get it and you would've been down 5 with a chance to tie it if you could hold them to 3. Kicking the extra point legitimately did nothing.

Somebody beat you to that punch. ;)