Week 14: MNF Packers @ Giants Leadup - Beware A Trap Game Or Surprise Fight

LLcheesehead12

Just now, Sasquatch said:

MLF needs to find a way during games like tonight to coach Love on his footwork and mechanics when Love throws off-platform. 

I have a feeling this is something we're gonna always be dealing with. The guy just doesnt set his feet well. Sometimes he can still spin the throws in there - fine - other times, we get these mis-directional, mis-timed and "close but no cigar" things.

• Like 2

I flew into NY and spent $100 plus in Ubers today to watch us lose like this in person. I know the NYG have a good /solid defense but wtf.

I'm not hating on Love, but man our guys were getting open in the 2nd half and he was not hitting them. This is not the same QB of the past three weeks at all. Maybe I should stop posting.

Our big dogs on defense completely didn't show up today. I was expecting much more pressure. Not sure what's going on with Rudy but he's gotta be better than Savage and Owens.

They gave us every chance to win this game. Two missed FGs? We all **** the bed on this one.

• Like 1

Interesting game tonight....kind of expected this. A loss than that the offense, defense, special teams, and coaching staff can all share the blame on.  Was not just one thing.

Gotta say...if you're going to be one of the highest, if not the highest paid special teams coaches in the NFL, your unit has to perform better than this. What didn't break down on special teams.  Total collapse.

LaFleur...that 2 point conversion call was just awful...they saw it coming and defended it easily. Players had no chance of executing that right because the call was awful.

Barry....every time people start to think your unit has come around...you enter the picture again.  Thanks...you reminded us why we hate you sometimes.

Love....footwork, footwork, footwork....work on it.  When your off platform, you lose all power on your throws because of this weakness...correct it PLEASE this offseason. I get it might never be your strength, but it has to get much better than this. Other than that, I think you can be a great quarterback.

Toure....if I were your quarterback, I would never throw you a ball. 

My ranting is done. I'll feel better tomorrow and probably take some of this back.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I have a feeling this is something we're gonna always be dealing with. The guy just doesnt set his feet well. Sometimes he can still spin the throws in there - fine - other times, we get these mis-directional, mis-timed and "close but no cigar" things.

Maybe he is stuck in his ways, maybe not. This will be the first offseason he reps to study where he’s not wearing a red jersey. Those happy feet tend to happen unconsciously when a player is under pressure of a real rush and trying to find an opening. Hopefully he gets a real deep dive into how that has hindered some of those throws and can eliminate the unnecessary movements. We’ve still got a ways to go this season so just keep working on reading defenses and timing with receivers. Correcting mechanics will likely have to wait for the offseason. 

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Even with the predictable Joe Barryness, still probably win this one, albeit in ugly fashion, if they simply don't turn the ball over. Just had to not get in their own way and they couldn't even do it

Nixon had an all time bad game on multiple fronts. Picking up and trying to run with a muffed punt after you’ve secured it? Insane 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Maybe he is stuck in his ways, maybe not. This will be the first offseason he reps to study where he’s not wearing a red jersey. Those happy feet tend to happen unconsciously when a player is under pressure of a real rush and trying to find an opening. Hopefully he gets a real deep dive into how that has hindered some of those throws and can eliminate the unnecessary movements. We’ve still got a ways to go this season so just keep working on reading defenses and timing with receivers. Correcting mechanics will likely have to wait for the offseason. 

Multiple people have cited his failure to properly get his feet set before releasing the ball. Now...I get that this is his first true live game action....but this is coaching **** that should have been hammered down starting way back when in practice...........but, it's more than possible that since AR did it FOR YEARS - it's simply not something the coaches give a **** about.

• Like 3