Raiders fan with a question

RaidersForever

Greetings, Broncos fans. I come here with a question/informal poll. Simply put, what do you all say is the biggest rivalry (both historically and right now) in the AFC West that does NOT involve the Raiders? Broncos/Chargers? Broncos/Chiefs? Chargers/Chiefs?

What say you all (and why)?

Edited by RaidersForever

Probably Chargers/Cheifs more recently. Broncos/Cheifs historically?

Even in their own division the Broncos dont really have that many rivals in general. The Raiders being the only true one. I feel like the Broncos are bigger rivals with New England and Seattle than anybody else in their own division not named the Raiders. Ive never hated/viewed there being a bunch of animosity between Denver and Kansas City or San Diego.

Maybe the Chiefs historically a little bit, but certainly not the Chargers

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

it will always be the Raiders for me, I think. I got into the sport with Shanahan as our head coach, and we all know the history there. Every single time we played the Raiders under Shanny there was bad blood, and I loved it.

That opening game MNF game at the Coliseum when Eddie Royal went off as a rookie was one of my favourite ever Bronco games.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

it will always be the Raiders for me, I think. I got into the sport with Shanahan as our head coach, and we all know the history there. Every single time we played the Raiders under Shanny there was bad blood, and I loved it.

That opening game MNF game at the Coliseum when Eddie Royal went off as a rookie was one of my favourite ever Bronco games.

Likewise. Raiders, for me, are the biggest rival. Chiefs are second, Chargers third. I think it's obviously changed a bit over time as teams have been better or worse, but even with the Chiefs being as good as they have been, I've always disliked the Raiders the most and think that rivalry has the longest track record and most hatred between fanbases.

On 12/9/2023 at 7:51 AM, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Broncos-Seahawks was the 3rd biggest rivalry in the division when I was growing up (after broncos-raiders and Chiefs-raiders). I was sad to see them go the the NFC. Thought it should have been SD. 

The Phillip Rivers - Jay Cutler years were a fun rivalry but overall, I agree. 

Yeah, no one would argue Broncos-Raiders was & still remains #1. 

It's really a function of the Schotty & Reid eras that KC-DEN became a thing.   But from 1980's to realignment, SEA-DEN was the #2 IMO.    Obv it's not as relevant, but until SEA left the AFCW, this was a great rivalry.    Given the Chargers moved, it's unfortunate they stuck around (although 2 NFC teams in LA probably would have been a no-go).