49ers/Eagles/Cowboys or the field?

Manny/Patrick

49ers are the most dominant team since the 16-0 Pats in ‘07. Hopefully it comes apart for then in January, but I can’t remember another team like this. Even the 15-1 Panthers… or maybe Legion of Boom following the SB year. GB in ‘11 is up there as well. None of those teams won the SB though.

28 minutes ago, Towerbridge said:

I'm not sure why anyone would take the field. It's a huge drop off after these 3. 

21 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

It was edited after it originally said just sf

Even in this scenario, only 1/3 is making the SB (at best). 

Considering SB is probably 60:40 at best (if you are high on NFC teams), it's basically do you think any of the #3-#7 NFC teams' chance to win NFCCG + AFC SB contender chance > 50%.

I think I'd prolly still take the field here, but I think taking SF/DAL/PHI is reasonable.

Edited by Soggust

Im going to put it simple, the Niners are in a similar situation as the 2021 Rams. They better not just get to the Superbowl. They better win it. If they dont it will be an epic failure. No excuses if the Niners dont win it. I know winning a Superbowl is hard but the Niners literally stacked the deck and they have a starting QB who is playing at an MVP level. 

Its crazy to think that both in the same season the Niners and Cowboys position themselves to come out of the NFC. One of them should do it. If neither team does it then its an epic failure but I think the Niners is clearly the team that has to go all the way this season. No excuses. 

49ers look like they’re on their own level. Even Cowboys look like they’re in their own tier at #2… but I’ll still take the field over just 2 teams, this is the NFL. Just takes an injury or a few bad bounces to lose and you’re done.

Even Vegas would agree FYI. Current implied probabilities for SB champ:

49ers- 28%
Dolphins- 14%
Eagles- 13%
Ravens- 13%
Cowboys- 12%
Chiefs- 12%

• Like 1

I still think the Eagles have the best shot to beat them in the NFC. If the game is in SF though.....

In the AFC we'll see how Baltimore stacks up soon. I don't care how they look, you can never count out Mahomes. In fact, he's probably the best bet at beating the Niners.....the Chiefs defense seems to weirdly play well against that offense.