Are the Chiefs the bad guys? v4.0

notthatbluestuff

6 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Instances, no. At least nothing that would be comparable to this. Though tbf, there's basically never been an instance like this from a QB. He's had an entitled attitude for awhile now. I also live in KC so do hear more things about him. 

I also don't give him a pass for his family. He doesn't distance himself at all from them and they range from at best poor sports to at worse sexual predators. 

Lol wow.

20 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Everyone is competitive. You are confusing being competitive with being a jerk. I agree that everyone has there moments. This wasn't a moment. This was basically a 30 minute tantrum that ended with Mahomes saying the penalty shouldn't have been called because it didn't matter to the play. Show me an example of another QB that gave this much of an outburst over the correct call. I genuinely cannot think of an example. It's really like a child playing a video game. 

He apologized yesterday. It really is not that big of a deal. Show me another example of where he has done this. What do you want to happen, do you want him suspended? Seems like an overreaction.

8 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

You’ve said this but do you have any evidence? Past instances etc. Most agree that this was completely out of character for Mahomes; why do you think this is who he is?

I dont think its who he is at all. However, his Steph Curry-like 'golden boy' treatment by the league for the past 5 years, the fact the Cheifs generally get the benefit of the whistle comparatively speaking in big moments (similar to the Warriors) and every single person oogling over his play since he has been in the league like he can do no wrong has built up a level of untouchable confidence with him and the team. 

The best way I can describe it is that it felt like one of those old MTV shows where a rich spoiled kid gets a BMW for their Sweet 16 and absolutely loses their mind on their parents because they wanted a Mercedes. Like it was the first time in his playing career somebody told him 'no' and then watched the team fly of the rails because they are used to getting everything their way, the benefit of every call/noncall and having everything work out.

Just my personal opinion but thats how I perceived it and the emotion I felt watching it play out. Flame away Cheifs fans.

• Like 1

Its funny tho the Chiefs crying about this call is like if Bills cried about the 2 many men on field against Broncos when they missed the game winning FG. They both had no impact on play but both was clearly a penalty. You didnt see the Bills crying about that to the refs. They knew they messed up and it was the end of it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SkolMasterMN said:

He apologized yesterday. It really is not that big of a deal. Show me another example of where he has done this. What do you want to happen, do you want him suspended? Seems like an overreaction.

I actually do think he should be suspended but I don't expect that to be popular. Lack of sportsmanship is a really big deal for me though. 

As I said, I can't show you another example of where he has done this because to my knowledge literally no player has done it. 

8 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I actually do think he should be suspended but I don't expect that to be popular. Lack of sportsmanship is a really big deal for me though. 

As I said, I can't show you another example of where he has done this because to my knowledge literally no player has done it. 

No, but you said this is who Mahomes is, that you've heard things about him. What things?

11 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Brady chased down refs and yelled at them in the tunnel, once. Half the refs job is basically to get yelled at by players and coaches.

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Brady chased down refs and yelled at them in the tunnel, once. Half the refs job is basically to get yelled at by players and coaches.

Mahomes also did this and went at Josh Allen and continued it in the presser over the wrong call. The least issue I have with what Mahomes did was his sideline outburst. That would be a nothing story. 

I never liked Bradys antics either but I also don't think he ever had this much of a reaction over the correct call. Brady was a perpetual sore loser who wouldn't shake QBs hands after many losses. I don't think it's a good argument to say Brady did it too, to me, that doesn't help the case. 

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

Mahomes also did this and went at Josh Allen and continued it in the presser over the wrong call. The least issue I have with what Mahomes did was his sideline outburst. That would be a nothing story. 

I never liked Bradys antics either but I also don't think he ever had this much of a reaction over the correct call. Brady was a perpetual sore loser who wouldn't shake QBs hands after many losses. I don't think it's a good argument to say Brady did it too, to me, that doesn't help the case. 

You are conveniently leaving out that Mahomes apologized the next day, and said he was in the heat of the moment.

• Like 1